The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
omar.r
what is it like?

Any horrers i shopuld perpare myself for?

How far is it from the uni (is it a long walk)?

any local shops?

anywhere near it where i can buy food?

i loved the place when i went to visit the place, its about 20-30 mins away from the uni, its up a really steep hill, but there is a bus stop near by!
no horrers i saw. saw some local shops but have no idea wher the nearest sainsburys is. there were some fast food restaurents near by- at the bottom of the hill!
the rooms have really big desks, and a nice en-suite bathroom. i think they were going to tear them down a year ago but then decided to refurbish them! (from what ive heard)

im off to do medical microbiology, what you gona do?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
have you got in at james baille? i appllied there but haven't heard yet
Reply 3
no, its keeps saying on the uni track thing, 'not yet allocated'. from some of the other threads about accomodation, ive been told not to rely on the tracker as some people have got accomodation places sorted(none of them at james baillie) and it still says 'not yet been allocated' for them!
what you going to do at leeds?
Reply 4
i am doing computing....

hope to see you all at james baillie, i haven't heard anythig either so must be that they do the accommodation allocation in stages i.e. one residence at a time.

When do you all plan to move in?

uphilll??? that sounds like hard work....

have you noticed that not many people talk about james baillie!
Reply 5
omar.r
i am doing computing....

hope to see you all at james baillie, i haven't heard anythig either so must be that they do the accommodation allocation in stages i.e. one residence at a time.

When do you all plan to move in?

uphilll??? that sounds like hard work....

have you noticed that not many people talk about james baillie!

yeah was getting worried that no one else talking bout the place...do they no something we don't?! i thought it was a nice place... it could be a good thing if not many people off to james baillie, as it means that hopefully we will get in!
i think we can more in on sat 18th sept, no idea about times yet.
the uphill thing... its the sort of place where if you were to cycle all you wud need is your brakes, to make sure you stopped! and then on the way up, unless your fit, get off the bike and push! im sure after a while you wud be able to cycle up the hill, once you've done it quite a few times!!!!!!!
Reply 6
I visited there on the accom open day and dont remember any huge steep hill?!?
Reply 7
emma_
I visited there on the accom open day and dont remember any huge steep hill?!?

if you went to james baillie by car you prob wouldnt notice the gradient, but my dad wasent sure if it would be easy to park so we walked from henry price to james baillie. you could be fitter than my dad and i- but i thought it was a relatively steep gradient.
if you came from headingly then it would have been down hill to james baillie!
Reply 8
i visited to (james baillie and leodis), james baillie is so nice.... woman did worry me cause she said all the places were filled already (this was like 2 weeks ago), but uni said it is not on a 1st come 1st served basiss so she wass probably missinformed.

As for the hill... although we did come by car i do remember it being quite steep!

well when i find my room i will post it up and hope you can pop your head round, make friends etc!
Reply 9
I walked there... how wierd. But then again, by then i was practically delirious from all the walking id done and we were about to miss our train home.
Reply 10
That hill is evil! I used to walk across the park so it was slightly less steep, but walking straight up the hill is a killer! You get into uni all hot and sweaty, not attractive!
Reply 11
On the topic of distance and walking how many minutes walk is the Law school from the train station? because i'm wondering whether it would be worth taking my bike and chaining it up in leeds to cycle to uni.

Any idea how much parking permits cost at the uni? And whether or not space is always avaliable?
Reply 12
Jet-Black
On the topic of distance and walking how many minutes walk is the Law school from the train station? because i'm wondering whether it would be worth taking my bike and chaining it up in leeds to cycle to uni.

Any idea how much parking permits cost at the uni? And whether or not space is always avaliable?

It'd probably be about a 25 minute walk, and its up hill on the way in! There are buses every few minutes from the station that go past the uni.

I've no idea how much a parking permit is, but theres never any spaces in uni (Although it is possible to buy yourself a space) I know people who used to leave at 8 in the morning to get a space when they didn't have lectures til 11 (what a waste of time, just get the bus!)
yeah i noticed no one was talikin bout it.
ive got my heart set on it too, so glad no one else has heard either, puts my mind at rest.
dont think ill get it though because apparantly it is really popular this year. although i know two people goin who havent applied there!
im doin broadcast journalism! xxx
Reply 14
happyny
yeah i noticed no one was talikin bout it.
ive got my heart set on it too, so glad no one else has heard either, puts my mind at rest.
dont think ill get it though because apparantly it is really popular this year. although i know two people goin who havent applied there!
im doin broadcast journalism! xxx

what?! they got in, but didnt apply there, no fair... i hope we al got in then. still not heard anything!?
Wow!! I am so excited that there are all these people talking about James Bailee and I have applied there too! I cant belive that some of you may actually be my flat mates its really scary! (in a good way :smile: )
I havent heard anything yet, but hope I do cos I dont want to turn up to Leeds and sleep on the streets!!!!
Anyway- let me know if u lot hear anything
and hills- Pah!We'll work these hills together!
laters dudes
x x x
Reply 16
i am really getting worried now, i had my heart set on these halls... if not these then i will have to go private! don't like many of the others

has anyone heard anything about james baillie yet?

what date should we have recieved and returned our contract by? i read somewhere the 2nd of sept but i also remember reading the 11th somewhere else.
Reply 17
omar.r
i am really getting worried now, i had my heart set on these halls... if not these then i will have to go private! don't like many of the others

has anyone heard anything about james baillie yet?

what date should we have recieved and returned our contract by? i read somewhere the 2nd of sept but i also remember reading the 11th somewhere else.
if you phone up it say's you'll hear by the 11th if you already had an offer and by the 15th if you went through clearing. :smile:
Reply 18
Yea I rang up yesterday and the only thing the lady on the phone would say was that if I didnt find out by the 11th then to contact the accommodation office.
Reply 19
has anyone heard anything yet?

Latest