The Student Room Group

Uni alternative

If I don't get into my firm or a good university through clearing I don't think that I would want to go to uni at all(for now) . So I was thinking of applying for an apprenticeship instead. Apart from jaguar Land rover apprenticeship, what other apprenticeships do you guys know? My skills are in business and modern languages!

Thank you!
Original post by prostheticzeta
If I don't get into my firm or a good university through clearing I don't think that I would want to go to uni at all(for now) . So I was thinking of applying for an apprenticeship instead. Apart from jaguar Land rover apprenticeship, what other apprenticeships do you guys know? My skills are in business and modern languages!

Thank you!

Have a look around the Apprenticeships and alternatives to university area of TSR :smile:
Reply 2

Thank you!

What do you want to study?

You are aware that you would be very unlikely to get a September start date on a degree apprenticeship now, aren't you?

For example, the JLR, BAE and accountancy degree apprenticeship schemes started recruiting in September 2016 for the 2017 intake.

They're not really an afterthought or if this doesn't work out, I'll do that instead, they require as much work in your application as a university spot.

JLR had 50+ applicants per degree apprenticeship spot this year.
Reply 3
Apprenticeships are cool. My friend did these, after 3 years he worked in a consulting firm and made the same as the graduates did, except he had 3 years more experience.

Look for consulting apprenticeships, KPMG, PWC, Deloitte, etc. They'll have some.

Investment banking will have some to, have a look at those as well.
Thank you!

There are still many Advanced and Higher apprenticeships being advertised on various websites, but if you're looking for a degree apprenticeship you are unlikely to find one because most are closed for applications and very competitive to get on.

Many employers have a certain amount of places to fill, for my degree apprenticeship, there were only 20 places available and the application process consisted of only an Online Test, 3 interviews and an assessment centre but many other application processes for apprenticeships can go on for months.

Additionally, most degree apprenticeship vacancies are advertised between September to January.

If you want to look for apprenticeship vacancies, then I can recommend you use these websites:
https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
https://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk/
www.indeed.co.uk
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=24305-apprenticeship-vacancies-in-england

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending