The Student Room Group

Uni offer is a different course than the one I applied for

I applied for biomedical science with a foundation year (entry requirements: CCC). My grades are A*A*A, I applied to foundation year as I didn’t have the right subjects to get into 1st year. I had a teams meeting with one of the uni admissions tutors to see if my subjects were ok and he confirmed that all is good.
But anyway, come offer, for some reason, the university has sent me a CCC conditional offer for health studies with a foundation year instead? Which is weird because I would meet entry requirements for 1st year health studies anyway if I wanted to do that
Should I email the university admissions asking why this happened???
Original post by krumel21
I applied for biomedical science with a foundation year (entry requirements: CCC). My grades are A*A*A, I applied to foundation year as I didn’t have the right subjects to get into 1st year. I had a teams meeting with one of the uni admissions tutors to see if my subjects were ok and he confirmed that all is good.
But anyway, come offer, for some reason, the university has sent me a CCC conditional offer for health studies with a foundation year instead? Which is weird because I would meet entry requirements for 1st year health studies anyway if I wanted to do that
Should I email the university admissions asking why this happened???

Yes, just email them and query why you weren't offered the course you applied to. It may be an error, or it may be that the course you applied they either felt you didn't meet the requirements for (seems unlikely given your grades) or that they ended up filling that course already (which is maybe unlikely at this time of year but who knows) and so made you an alternate offer as they'd rather make you an offer than just reject you.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Yes, just email them and query why you weren't offered the course you applied to. It may be an error, or it may be that the course you applied they either felt you didn't meet the requirements for (seems unlikely given your grades) or that they ended up filling that course already (which is maybe unlikely at this time of year but who knows) and so made you an alternate offer as they'd rather make you an offer than just reject you.

Thanks for the reply! Will email them on Monday. My friend thinks might’ve offered me health studies instead since it’s a new course at the uni but not entirely sure if that’s something universities do?
Reply 3
Offering an 'alternative course' is something some Unis will do when they dont want to make you an offer for your original course. Its 'kinder' than just No, and there is always a chance that you may accept that offer instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending