The Student Room Group

London train strikes

Hi guys, I just read in news that there’s going to be strikes in early week of January. I have university exam on 10 January. How do you guys think this will be effected?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, I just read in news that there’s going to be strikes in early week of January. I have university exam on 10 January. How do you guys think this will be effected?

Yep, we have tube strikes in London and on the 10th of January it seems like the underground won't be running... so you'll have to make your way to uni through alternative means and make sure you get there in time
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
Yep, we have tube strikes in London and on the 10th of January it seems like the underground won't be running... so you'll have to make your way to uni through alternative means and make sure you get there in time

What alternative ways can I use? I’m international student so not really familiar with this.
Looks like also the 8th :s-smilie:

What alternative ways can I use? I’m international student so not really familiar with this.

I'm guessing bus, walk, or taxi? Depends how far out you live from your uni.

I need to figure it out myself...
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
Looks like also the 8th :s-smilie:

I'm guessing bus, walk, or taxi? Depends how far out you live from your uni.

I need to figure it out myself...

Last year when there were strikes in December our professor said that he’ll have to chnge the exam date but since no one agreed to a specific new date, the professor changed assessment to an alternative assessment (online). I don’t like online or alternative assessments like essays etc.
that was an SAQ exam however this is MCQ exam so not sure what might happen with this 🤔
Last year when there were strikes in December our professor said that he’ll have to chnge the exam date but since no one agreed to a specific new date, the professor changed assessment to an alternative assessment (online). I don’t like online or alternative assessments like essays etc.
that was an SAQ exam however this is MCQ exam so not sure what might happen with this 🤔

I would suggest you email the department/module leader to query the exam vs the strike dates, and otherwise start looking into what alternative transport methods are running that day in case it is still in person and on the day.

Buses, Uber, rental bikes like Santander or Lime... ask google maps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending