The Student Room Group

Computer Science through adjustment?

I've currently got The University of Leeds as my firm choice for computer science having just completed an Access to HE course.

To be honest, I'm pretty set on Leeds as I really liked the university and the city, the faculty all seemed great, and its ranking was pretty much as high as seemed available based upon entry through an access course. But I am open to thoughts and suggestions on alternatives.

Would any higher ranked universities even have Comp Sci available through adjustment, if so are there any that people would suggest and why?

I already know Manchester is a no go as despite a third of the graded modules on my course being maths, Manchester require a Maths A-level in addition. Sheffield also bizarrely only offered me a place on a foundation degree.
Original post by BigYoSpeck
I've currently got The University of Leeds as my firm choice for computer science having just completed an Access to HE course.

To be honest, I'm pretty set on Leeds as I really liked the university and the city, the faculty all seemed great, and its ranking was pretty much as high as seemed available based upon entry through an access course. But I am open to thoughts and suggestions on alternatives.

Would any higher ranked universities even have Comp Sci available through adjustment, if so are there any that people would suggest and why?

I already know Manchester is a no go as despite a third of the graded modules on my course being maths, Manchester require a Maths A-level in addition. Sheffield also bizarrely only offered me a place on a foundation degree.

The only way to find out is to do a bit of research and then contact the unis you are interested in. There is no vacancy list although clearing is a part indication of where there may be spare places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending