The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Economics and Mathematical Sciences (Stage 3)

I've just completed the stage 2 modules for the Economics and Mathematical Sciences degree (MST224, M248, DD209) and looking at registering for the year 3 ones.

The compulsory modules are...
DD309 Doing Economics: People, Markets and Policy
M346 Linear Statistical Modelling

And the optional modules (from which I am to pick one) are...
M337 Complex Analysis
M343 Applications of Probability
M373 Optimization
MS327 Deterministic and Stochastic Dynamics
MT365 Graphs, Networks and Design

I'm wondering if anyone perhaps has any of the PDFs of the textbooks for any of these modules as for the compulsory modules, it would be good to get a head start, but more significantly for the optional ones, I would like to get an idea which I might find interesting or enjoyable before I choose.

Also, if anyone has any insight into any of the modules that would be much appreciated too!
Reply 1
There are samples here in case you hadn't already seen them.

The only one I've done is M337 and I wouldn't recommend it without some prior analysis (M208 or similar.)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by sputum
There are samples here in case you hadn't already seen them.

The only one I've done is M337 and I wouldn't recommend it without some priorNmccc analysis (M208 or similar.)

Thanks for the link! I never knew about that. It will help me make up my mind for the optional module for sure!
Reply 3
@Chrisruptor What did you think of DD209? Thinking of taking this standalone in the future.
Original post by Rosco316
@Chrisruptor What did you think of DD209? Thinking of taking this standalone in the future.

I thought it was good for the most part. Some parts were a bit dull but overall it was pretty interesting. I didnt enjoy the TMAs much but they did help me understand the concepts better which is the whole point I guess. The exam is a case of "answer 4 essay questions out of a choice of 8" and I managed to get a distinction in the end too so I was pretty chuffed considering its worth a whole 60 credits!
Does anyone know where i can get the DD309 textbooks? Would like to get a head start on the year as i'll be doing two modules simultaneously, alongside a full-time job.
@Chrisruptor

Hi! Hope you're well. I've been on the hunt for MST224 resources. Do you have the PDFs of them? I'd really appreciate it if you could share them with me.
You'll be helping me out a great deal! Much appreciated and kind regards.

Quick Reply

Latest