The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greenandblue345
Sorry, that was a silly question, but thank you anyway!

Okay brill, I'll hang fire then.

Haha no worries! Good luck hopefully I'll see you at the AC fingers crossed for both of us
Original post by nioa95
I'm hoping to attend the one on the 20th of Feb.

Me too! Good luck! Have you sumbitted the open day application already?

Also for the question - would you like to add any further details, did you add anything? I don’t know if this question filters out lazy people who are not bothered to answer this question hmmm
Reply 3422
Original post by amber2280
Does anyone have any idea how long you have to answer each question in the Latham & Watkins Video Interview?

2 mins
Any last minute tips for the Latham’s VI?

Also another general question related to VI - would anyone advise to repeat the same answers from your application in the VI? Ultimately, I feel like the VI is a way for the firm to see how you articulate yourself/personality, would do others think?
Original post by Romeo_80
Anyone done a VS at Squire Patton Boggs?

I have!
Original post by TCVS2018113512
Heard back yet? Guess we're all impatient here haha

Nope!
Original post by xxblue
Me too! Good luck! Have you sumbitted the open day application already?

Also for the question - would you like to add any further details, did you add anything? I don’t know if this question filters out lazy people who are not bothered to answer this question hmmm

No I haven't started the app yet, tbh I only just came across the open day opportunities. I was originally planning to submit a direct TC app.

I would imagine that question is probably for those who have been affected by mc's. If you genuinely don't have anything else to add, then I don't think your app will be perceived negatively.

Best of luck to you too btw!
DID ANYONE GET INVITED TO A CLEARY GOTTLIEB OPEN DAY TODAY? / Has anyone done an Open Day with them before and can shed some light on what the workshops/interview are like?!
Original post by Hughcamb
Congrats! Ahhh I had mine on Monday and still haven't heard back, so not feeling so hopeful :frown:

Heyy I had mine on Tuesday and I haven't heard anything either! They say on the website that they'll get back to us within one week tops so I guess we may have to hold on till next week...
anyone heard from the DLA AC's? I had mine yesterday! applied for a summer VS
Original post by Alludeen1
Heyy I had mine on Tuesday and I haven't heard anything either! They say on the website that they'll get back to us within one week tops so I guess we may have to hold on till next week...

Ah thanks for letting me know! Yeah... I'm v impatient
Original post by Gfhdhdh
did they reply?

What did they say?
Original post by lawstudent229
anyone heard from the DLA AC's? I had mine yesterday! applied for a summer VS

When did you receive your AC email?
When did you receive your AC email?

Do you know why they haven't got back to anyone yet?
PFOs... PFOs everywhere. Landing a vac scheme sound like a distant dream
(edited 6 years ago)
Do you know why they haven't got back to anyone yet?

Hi have you not had a reply? 5th January, it was a mixed AC for different offices.
Original post by xxblue
Any last minute tips for the Latham’s VI?

Also another general question related to VI - would anyone advise to repeat the same answers from your application in the VI? Ultimately, I feel like the VI is a way for the firm to see how you articulate yourself/personality, would do others think?

Hi, when did you submit your application for Latham?
Original post by lawstudent229
Hi have you not had a reply? 5th January, it was a mixed AC for different offices.

Nope not yet
Nope not yet

Nope not yet - is that common?
Have most people received a response from DLA Piper now after submitting app and doing the test?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending