The Student Room Group

Social Work 2018 Entry QUB/UU

Hi all,

Is anyone applying for social work for 2018?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by LB4377
Hi all,

Is anyone applying for social work for 2018?

I am if I'm unsuccessful this year.
Reply 2
Yeah your applying this year so it would be for social work next year so would be 2018?? are we on the same page? Hahah! Will you be starting application in September?
Reply 3
Original post by LB4377
Yeah your applying this year so it would be for social work next year so would be 2018?? are we on the same page? Hahah! Will you be starting application in September?

I applied to start Sept 17, I'm currently on the reserve list but if I don't get a place this year I'll reapply for Sept 18
Reply 4
Original post by Zippy23
I applied to start Sept 17, I'm currently on the reserve list but if I don't get a place this year I'll reapply for Sept 18

Ohh sorry! I'm with you now, when do you find out if your successful? How did your interviews go?
Reply 5
Original post by LB4377
Ohh sorry! I'm with you now, when do you find out if your successful? How did your interviews go?

Honestly I'm not sure, it can be right up until the start of term. Some people found out on Monday. I thought my interview went well but my score turned out not to be as good as I's hoped. I don't think I'll get in this year but I'm still holding on to a little bit of hope.
Reply 6
Really? I didn't think it would be as late as that, that's crazy! Awk yeah don't give up hope, fingers crossed! I'm going to apply before Christmas but honestly don't think I will get in, trying to volunteer and stuff as much as I can
Reply 7
Hey!

Has anyone else applied for QUB and hasn't heard anything back apart from the fact that QUB have received your application?

Thank you :smile:
Hey!
I’m applying to QUB! I applied last week and I’m still waiting to hear back! The stress!!
Have you heard anything back yet??
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by courtney...
Hey!
I’m applying to QUB! I applied last week and I’m still waiting to hear back! The stress!!
Have you heard anything back yet??

I still haven't submitted my application but closing date isn't until the 16th of Jan so I assume you won't hear anything back until after that.
Hi, I am applying! It’s seems so competitive so I don’t have my hopes up to be honest!
Original post by Tash2017
Hi, I am applying! It’s seems so competitive so I don’t have my hopes up to be honest!

It really does! I’ve applied for the social policy degree in QUB also in the hope I can get into social work that way if this doesn’t work out. The best of luck with your application and have a great Christmas! ☺️
Reply 12
I have applied for social work at Queens and Magee.
Has anyone who has applied to both QUB and UU opted to not share their info and therefore are doing 2 interviews?
Reply 14
Original post by Zippy23
Has anyone who has applied to both QUB and UU opted to not share their info and therefore are doing 2 interviews?

I'm not going to share that way if I mess up on one interview I still have a second chance with the other.
Original post by Cuthsu
I'm not going to share that way if I mess up on one interview I still have a second chance with the other.
u

That's my thoughts exactly! Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by Zippy23
u

That's my thoughts exactly! Thanks

did you apply last year Zippy? if so how did you find whole process?
Original post by Cuthsu
did you apply last year Zippy? if so how did you find whole process?

I did and I shared my info but I felt this year I wouldn't. I felt the process is very long! I was on the reserve list which dragged it out even longer.
Reply 18
Original post by Zippy23
I did and I shared my info but I felt this year I wouldn't. I felt the process is very long! I was on the reserve list which dragged it out even longer.

hopefully you will be successful this time. it shows your determination to wanting to be a social worker.
Hi everyone,

I’ve applied for the Grad entry route at Magee - anyone else doing the grad route?

Sarah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending