Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone Of To Lancaster???....or In Lancaster watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey ppl!!...i am off to lancaster univeristy this sept (LUMS), anyone thr or coming along, i would love to know you guys...

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Lancaster to do Physics. Even got my accomodation info through and I'm in Pendle PM me if you want to chat via MSN.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not but I know someone who is going there to do Philosophy. He applied to do English but didn't get the grades

ReputationRep:
    yeahh who ever is going , iwould love to know u guys u can add me at

[email protected]
    Name : Omair Masood

bdw i am from Pakistan

ReputationRep:
    NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO LANCASTER ????.STRANGE...cmon if u guyz are going post here , cause i want to know you all as it is always better knowing ppl before hand...Plus i am an international student , donno **** about the city so plz help me

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster is only a city by law. Geographical speaking it is just a small town with a medium sized university on the outskirts in the middle of no where though it is connected by a bus service.

ReputationRep:
    thanks amazingtrade, will i abe able to find a part time job ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omr63)
    thanks amazingtrade, will i abe able to find a part time job ??
    Lancaster is not a jobs hotspot but there is plenty of bars and fast food places you should be able to get jobs in. I think it is also easy to get jobs on campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Lancaster is only a city by law. Geographical speaking it is just a small town with a medium sized university on the outskirts in the middle of no where though it is connected by a bus service.

Will you please shut up with this bull

Its connected by the M6, its a main station on the western train line. its not in the middle of nowhere! The uni is like a 5 minute bus drive, but if you don't want to leave the campus you don't actually need to ever leave, everything is there you could possibly want!

And yes there are plenty of jobs for students.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, that's like saying London is only a city by law.

It does not matter how big a place is to determine whether it's a city.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing business studies, haven't got anything with regards to accomadation though

ReputationRep:
    hey tobytoby , u going for business studies?? ... i m going thr for accounting & finance, so we both will be in LUMS??...even i havent got my accomodation i mean i donno nething about it yet.. so mate i would love to be freinds with u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    Will you please shut up with this bull

Its connected by the M6, its a main station on the western train line. its not in the middle of nowhere! The uni is like a 5 minute bus drive, but if you don't want to leave the campus you don't actually need to ever leave, everything is there you could possibly want!

And yes there are plenty of jobs for students.
    But you can't exactly just walk to the town can you? It is in the middle of a load of hills which is no where.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    LOL, that's like saying London is only a city by law.

It does not matter how big a place is to determine whether it's a city.
    But you usualy expect cities to be quite large, there is no way I would expect Stockport to be called a city even though it as a cahterdial etc. Stockport is quite a lot bigger than Lancaster.

It is a small town and that is apart of Lancaste'rs charms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    But you can't exactly just walk to the town can you? It is in the middle of a load of hills which is no where.
    Hills? more like mounds of dirt you can walk into town, might take you an hour, but really its a 5, 10 min bus ride and if you think about it you don't have to go to town every day, and if you live in the town then its no different to living off campus at any other uni.

And its still a city! it was once one of the most important in the entire country, you can't just say its not a city cos somewhere else is bigger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omr63)
    hey tobytoby , u going for business studies?? ... i m going thr for accounting & finance, so we both will be in LUMS??...even i havent got my accomodation i mean i donno nething about it yet.. so mate i would love to be freinds with u

what day are you arriving?

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Lancaster too, havnt got details of my accomodation yet though. Still got another 3 weeks to wait til we go like....i hate waiting...especially since all my mates are going to their unis in the next week or so!

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming to Lancaster as well! I'm in Londsdale College!

ReputationRep:
    i might be arriving last week of sept but depends on my accommodation totally:P...what about u all???....and people princess are u a fresher (what course???)...so lancaster budddy's isnt it better if we know each other b4 hand??

ReputationRep:
    I'll be in Pendle. Got all my information before the results came out. It's great being on a gap year. :cool:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.