The Student Room Group

Depressed with A level results.

Hi, need some advice I was predicted 3A's in Biology, Chemistry and Business but ended up with BBB. I could cope with ABB but I'm shocked about business as according to my marks I got 47/100 in one paper and my teacher said I was working at an A* for the whole year! I'm not sure how to get over the negative feelings any advice? :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by williamsbobby075
Hi, need some advice I was predicted 3A's in Biology, Chemistry and Business but ended up with BBB. I could cope with ABB but I'm shocked about business as according to my marks I got 47/100 in one paper and my teacher said I was working at an A* for the whole year! I'm not sure how to get over the negative feelings any advice? :frown:

I got 3 B's aswell bro, thought I got higher. You can resit if you want ?

from what you've said I'd remark that paper, doesn't sound right at all
good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Has it affected what you do next? If not just drink have some fun and get over yourself.

It's normal to feel down when you don't quite perform to the degree that you know you can.

3 B's at A level are fantastic grades, despite what many TSR users would say. What's the plan now? Are these AS grades or A2? Are you applying to university?

It can always be repaired :smile:

Have you considered a remark?

I'm very sorry to hear that. We you still able to get into university if that's what you wanted to do? If it's any consolation I would say that once you have a degree, A levels are largely irrelevant when applying for jobs. At the end of the day you should be proud of all the hard you put in; even though your results weren't quite what you were hoping for you will have still developed lots of useful skills this year, and your experience dealing with this situation will help make you more resilient and able to deal with any obstacles you may encounter in the future :smile: Many congratulations on even making it through two years of A levels, it's really no mean feat.
Reply 7
I share your disappointment. I also was predicted to get 3As but ended up getting ABC. Bye bye to Oxbridge.
oh damn bbbcould always apply to lavar's big baller brand
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I'm very sorry to hear that. We you still able to get into university if that's what you wanted to do? If it's any consolation I would say that once you have a degree, A levels are largely irrelevant when applying for jobs. At the end of the day you should be proud of all the hard you put in; even though your results weren't quite what you were hoping for you will have still developed lots of useful skills this year, and your experience dealing with this situation will help make you more resilient and able to deal with any obstacles you may encounter in the future :smile: Many congratulations on even making it through two years of A levels, it's really no mean feat.

Luckily I had an unconditional offer at the University of Birmingham so there's no need to resit. I have asked to view that one paper as I really am sceptical about the marking! Thanks for the advice. 😊
Original post by Fox12
I share your disappointment. I also was predicted to get 3As but ended up getting ABC. Bye bye to Oxbridge.

Aww sorry to hear that. What did you take? Did you get into your insurance?
Luckily I had an unconditional offer at the University of Birmingham so there's no need to resit. I have asked to view that one paper as I really am sceptical about the marking! Thanks for the advice. 😊

So why are you posting on here to make people feel sorry for you when you already have an unconditional offer at a russel group uni...
Original post by Gingerbread101
It can always be repaired :smile:

Have you considered a remark?

Going to view the paper then perhaps get teachers advice 😊

Excellent news, congratulations on getting in and best of luck for starting uni :biggrin:
Going to view the paper then perhaps get teachers advice 😊

Do you have a uni place at stake? If you need to get the marks up in time for fulfilling a uni offer, you'll need to get a priority remark and that requires sending off before you'd get the script back
Original post by Gingerbread101
Do you have a uni place at stake? If you need to get the marks up in time for fulfilling a uni offer, you'll need to get a priority remark and that requires sending off before you'd get the script back

Thankfully not but it's more personal expectations I'm dossapointed with! The trouble is I'm not sure whether to risk the remark as that paper was at a D meaning I only had one mark into a B overall.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Excellent news, congratulations on getting in and best of luck for starting uni :biggrin:

Thank You 😊
Thankfully not but it's more personal expectations I'm dossapointed with! The trouble is I'm not sure whether to risk the remark as that paper was at a D meaning I only had one mark into a B overall.

If you're only one mark into a B then it's unlikely that a remark will take you up a whole grade
Original post by coldwarm34
I got 3 B's aswell bro, thought I got higher. You can resit if you want ?

Did you get into Uni?
Reply 19
Aww sorry to hear that. What did you take? Did you get into your insurance?

luckily it's AS not A2.

Quick Reply

Latest