The Student Room Group

CIE AS level retake

So i've just got the results a week ago for my CIE AS level. I took 4 subjects: math, biology, chemistry and physics. And i got 4 A's but they are low A's, meaning that im at the border line, which is almost a B. Do you think i have to retake my AS levels next year, along with A2, if my goal is an A*? I've had my teacher (who is also a CIE examiner) tell me that its alright and that if i work harder, I can still get an A*. I need help, what do you think i should do?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ciestudent00
So i've just got the results a week ago for my CIE AS level. I took 4 subjects: math, biology, chemistry and physics. And i got 4 A's but they are low A's, meaning that im at the border line, which is almost a B. Do you think i have to retake my AS levels next year, along with A2, if my goal is an A*? I've had my teacher (who is also a CIE examiner) tell me that its alright and that if i work harder, I can still get an A*. I need help, what do you think i should do?

My situation is very similar to yours. I got low As in my CIE AS this year. I asked someone if it's possible to get an A* and they said yes but you'll have to aim in the 100%s to make sure your chances of getting an A* are high. So we're going to work really hard for the stars in A2
Original post by Tlameloisstrange
My situation is very similar to yours. I got low As in my CIE AS this year. I asked someone if it's possible to get an A* and they said yes but you'll have to aim in the 100%s to make sure your chances of getting an A* are high. So we're going to work really hard for the stars in A2

So do you plan on retaking or are you just gonna work harder on A2? Personally, i feel like, if i were to retake it with A2, it'd be really stressful and i wouldnt get to direct all my time to A2, neither would i be able to work for AS as much as i did this year, right? P.S. what subjects did you take this year?
(edited 6 years ago)
So do you plan on retaking or are you just gonna work harder on A2? Personally, i feel like, if i were to retake it with A2, it'd be really stressful and i wouldnt get to direct all my time to A2, neither would i be able to work for AS as much as i did this year, right? P.S. what subjects did you take this year?

The same subjects as you. I'm planning on working extremely hard on A2. But I might rewrite Biology next year with my A2.

Were the grades M1?
Original post by sarah1001
Were the grades M1?

M1? What do you mean?
Original post by Tlameloisstrange
The same subjects as you. I'm planning on working extremely hard on A2. But I might rewrite Biology next year with my A2.

Same, I'm thinking about it too as the threshold for biology is higher compared to the rest. Apparently the results for biology this year weren't too good. Is it like that in your place as well? Only i among my friends had got an A until now.

Quick Reply

Latest