The Student Room Group

What do I do? Go to University or Gap year and resit?

I was expecting
A*- Economics
A - Maths
C- Physics
and getting into Bristol to do Econ and Finance but I've left with
B- Maths
C- Economics
C- Physics
C- Further Maths AS

I got 4A*/7A at GCSE and getting these results at A2 have really brought me down :/

I've got two choices.

I can go to Royal Holloway (I got in through clearing to do Economics). While I'm doing first year, I can retake two/three maths modules and econ. By then end of the first year, depending on how I do at uni and on the alevels, I could have the opportunity to transfer into Bristol second year through UCAS, or if they can't do second year, transfer into first, because at least I'll be in the uni I originally wanted to be in with Alevel grades I'm happy with (for econ and maths) and with the best friends I love.

My other option is to take a gap year and retake my alevels, with a part time job where I was tutored at, with my mentor checking up on my progress. This way I not only have a higher chance to get into Bristol, but other better unis. But I feel like I'd be missing out on a lot and would feel like a failure by taking a gap year and reapplying, while all my best mates have gone to Bristol, where I was looking forward to spending my next three years with them.

What should I do? I have a couple days left before I call RH to defer a year or to confirm my accommodation. Whatever option I take I'll still feel a bit disappointed
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest