The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Gym at Kent?

I'm big into the gym and was looking at Kents since I start in September, I'm confused though like one page says no monthly payments and another page says there are?

Are there any other gyms close to the University or just a quick bus away because if I can't pay monthly I'm not going to be able to pay like £300 straight up.
Reply 1
Original post by salmonman123
I'm big into the gym and was looking at Kents since I start in September, I'm confused though like one page says no monthly payments and another page says there are?

Are there any other gyms close to the University or just a quick bus away because if I can't pay monthly I'm not going to be able to pay like £300 straight up.

I saw the same thing about the monthly thing. Seems weird. Also, do you know if the gym is any good? Lots of bars, bench press, squat ranks, incline bench press, cables, 45 degree leg press etc? Would a uni gym have all this? It also seems to close super early on weekends.
(edited 6 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
If there is, I wouldn't bet that it's made for weightlifting. Probably one bench press and 20 cycles for instagirls.
The gym at UKC is very underwhelming and overpriced, huge cardio section with very little on the racks. Would recommend looking into one of the many gyms in the city, I currently go to Lifestyle which is very reasonably priced but not really suited to anyone interested in competitive weight lifting. Have a look around the virtual tours and see what suits you, but unless you are looking to drop stupid amounts of money for the convenience of working out on campus, I would give it a miss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending