The Student Room Group

History at Uni without History A Level

I have looked at universities which say they dont need history for a level or accept Classical Civilisation. Do you know any unis who dont need history or accept classical civilisation
Original post by lizaeli
I have looked at universities which say they dont need history for a level or accept Classical Civilisation. Do you know any unis who dont need history or accept classical civilisation

Heap degree course offers might state which require History.

Library Careers or Bookshop.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HEAP-2018-University-Degree-Course/dp/1911067486/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503416419&sr=8-1&keywords=heap+degree

A quicker way is just to make a list and google the top 20,30,40,50 institutions and check yourself. There are meant to be a few, but without doing the searching myself I dont know which ones they are.
Original post by lizaeli

Heap degree course offers might state which require History.

Library Careers or Bookshop.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HEAP-2018-University-Degree-Course/dp/1911067486/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503416419&sr=8-1&keywords=heap+degree

A quicker way is just to make a list and google the top 20,30,40,50 institutions and check yourself. There are meant to be a few, but without doing the searching myself I dont know which ones they are.

There would also be scope for doing it wit a foundation year and probably any subjects would be fine, then.
I didn't do History at A Level and am starting the History course at Manchester Metropolitan University in a few weeks; they went off how many UCAS points you had rather than what A Levels you did. I know they also did the same at Liverpool John Moores... your best bet is to look for unis that aren't Russell group or 'University of -' and see what their requirements are.Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest