The Student Room Group

A levels

How hard are biology and politics to acchieve an A at AS
Original post by MediaROCKS
How hard are biology and politics to acchieve an A at AS

Easy if you put a tonne of work in
Original post by Reece.W.J
Easy if you put a tonne of work in

What's the best way to revise and get an A in then ?
What's the best way to revise and get an A in then ?

I'd simply recommend to at least put 1 hour of work in out of class for every 1 hour of lesson
I'd simply recommend to at least put 1 hour of work in out of class for every 1 hour of lesson

Any specific things to do ? What A levels did you do and what did you acchieve ? Also do you think they are good enough for oxbridge law alongside English literature ?
Any specific things to do ? What A levels did you do and what did you acchieve ? Also do you think they are good enough for oxbridge law alongside English literature ?

Yeah that sounds good the tips I've given are just general tips I've picked up because I'm starting year 12 too
Yeah that sounds good the tips I've given are just general tips I've picked up because I'm starting year 12 too

Oh wow cool- what A levels are you doing and what do you want to do in the future ?
Oh wow cool- what A levels are you doing and what do you want to do in the future ?

I'm doing WBQ Chemistry Biology Maths and Economics
Reply 8
By the way, use a more specific title. Just using 'A level' is too vague and time wasting.
Reply 9
A Levels aren't easy, generally. You will have to put work in to acknowledge, comprehend and most of all remember the content. A lot of the stuff in biology is quite simple if you take the time to understand it and think it through, but there is a lot of content, so you need to put in a lot of work to revise to make sure you remember what you've learnt.
First of all, there are no longer any external AS exams for Biology. If you're talking about internal/AS mocks for biology, then I can't say for definite how hard it will be for you but I can say without doubt that it will be harder than how you found it at GCSE. You need to supplement your studies in class with time outside to practice and go over the content again, and you need to be on this from the start. If you like Biology then Im sure that this will be achievable for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest