The Student Room Group

Are these A-level choices okay?

I'm in year 11 at the moment and i'm going to sixth form in September. I have chosen History, Geography, Business and Psychology. What are everyone's opinion on these and does anyone have any advice on them?thank you!
Reply 1
Well it depends on what course you're doing...
What degree would you like to pursue in the future?
What I would say is all these subjects would have SO SO SO much to learn. Be prepare for them
Reply 4
Original post by Ello32
Well it depends on what course you're doing...

as in at uni?
Reply 5
Original post by susanajoshua
What I would say is all these subjects would have SO SO SO much to learn. Be prepare for them

that's what i'm worried about. If i but my head down and do the work do you think itd be possible?
Reply 6
Original post by AryanGh
What degree would you like to pursue in the future?

i'm really have no idea, hence i'm trying to take a wide range of subjects. Would you have any advice on what degree would suit?
The only one of those I've taken is Psychology, it's a great subject and very interesting but also a lot of work. There's so much to remember but I would definitely recommend it if you're willing to put in a lot of effort.
Original post by llanrac
that's what i'm worried about. If i but my head down and do the work do you think itd be possible?

My friend does both geog and history, she said its so much to revise and it seemed to be not so okay for her. I guess if u work so so so so so hard, it is possible! everyone is different though
Reply 9
Original post by susanajoshua
My friend does both geog and history, she said its so much to revise and it seemed to be not so okay for her. I guess if u work so so so so so hard, it is possible! everyone is different though

i understand what she means, but history and geography are my favourite subjects so if i have to read around the subject/extra revision, ill be happy to do it. But i suppose ill just have to see how it goes.
Reply 10
Original post by llanrac
as in at uni?

yes. hv u thought of something that interests u? Personally i think its better to know what u wanna actually do in uni before choosing ur a-levels, because u may choose a subject (or more) that you regret taking.

Quick Reply

Latest