The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IAmASloth
Warwick hopefully

massive procrastinator which will be my downfall this year :/

I'm also a massive procrastinator who would like to go to Warwick!
What subjects are you studying?: Foolishly, I'm taking English Lit, Maths, Chem and Psychology (idk which one i'm dropping yet)
What grades do you hope to achieve?: LOL I'll be lucky to be getting B's at this point
Plans for after Year 13: University. I've been saving up since I was about 12. idk what else I could do except Uni.
Going to uni? If so, which?: i well, i want to go to sussex or sheffield or liverpool. but let's be real, i'll end in some sh*tty half uni like UWE :/ idk.
Future Goals: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Tell us a bit about yourself:i'm bitter and twisted :-)
How you feeling about this year?: Guilty. Desperate. Frightened. Nauseous.

AS Grades (If you wish to share): DEEC
Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!: Any tumblr nerds, feel free to follow. verysavage.tumblr.com
Jesus christ why did I look at when my exams are next year. 8 over a 2 week period! At least fp2 and m2 are sorta separated from the pack, two of the maths modules I should get 90+ ums on.
Original post by Lelanor
I'm also a massive procrastinator who would like to go to Warwick!

Yay! What do you want to do?
Anyone started revising yet? I planning on revising tomorrow 6 hours everyday from now on until 6th September (watch when I start procrastinating)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
What subjects are you studying?: Foolishly, I'm taking English Lit, Maths, Chem and Psychology (idk which one i'm dropping yet)
What grades do you hope to achieve?: LOL I'll be lucky to be getting B's at this point
Plans for after Year 13: University. I've been saving up since I was about 12. idk what else I could do except Uni.
Going to uni? If so, which?: i well, i want to go to sussex or sheffield or liverpool. but let's be real, i'll end in some sh*tty half uni like UWE :/ idk.
Future Goals: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Tell us a bit about yourself:i'm bitter and twisted :-)
How you feeling about this year?: Guilty. Desperate. Frightened. Nauseous.

AS Grades (If you wish to share): DEEC
Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!: Any tumblr nerds, feel free to follow. verysavage.tumblr.com

Added all your subjects to the list, once you've decided which one to drop, just say and I'll remove you from that subject :h:
Original post by Starlight15
Anyone started revising yet? I planning on revising tomorrow 6 hours everyday from now on until 6th September (watch when I start procrastinating)

Started planning my project for art and how I'm going to pitch it to my teacher. In drama I'm going to start learning practitioners and my monologue and in media, learning the course overall. I'll probably start procrastinating but I have a timetable and I need to stick to it :colondollar:

Original post by black1blade
Jesus christ why did I look at when my exams are next year. 8 over a 2 week period! At least fp2 and m2 are sorta separated from the pack, two of the maths modules I should get 90+ ums on.

8?! Oh my. I'm sure you'll be able to smash them. :hugs:

If I'm excited about anything, it's going out and buying some new equipment, pens and books for my revision, especially art equipment :biggrin: I'm a stationary nut :tongue:
Yay! What do you want to do?

Discrete Maths, Warwick's name for Computer Science and Maths
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by fishstar
Whoa! I love spider man 😂 how do you feel about the new tom holland version in homecoming? (Personally I still think Andrew Garfield was slightly better... but they played very different Peters :thoughtful:smile:
Ah, class. Though as Dr Who spinoffs go I'm not sure how anything can measure up to torchwood or Sarah Jane Adventures 😂
English was tough for me too, at the beginning, probably because I wasn't used to consistently working in a subject that's always come easily to me 😂 but you're right, a good teacher does make all the difference :smile: what course do you do for history? We do OCR and we did Simnel and Warbeck and various other pretenders right at the beginning, gotta say I'm very proud of Henry VII for clinging onto that throne despite all the universe threw at him 😂

I really liked Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, but I think the general writing for Tom Holland is much better, and his portrayal is more realistic. I also like the younger Spider-Man and just in general I find him really relatable?

Class definitely measures up if you like the kind of thing it's going for! I love my gay complex alien son and his boyfriend who loves him very much. The cast is really diverse and great, and gosh did I cry a lot watching that show.

I had a bit of a shock for English at GCSE - apparently you need to do work to get an A*! I do Edexcel for History and English, OCR for Ancient History and Classics. Our topic is disorder and rebellion under the Tudors and it covers until the death of Elizabeth I.
Original post by surina16
Also feel like I might start the year off fairly behind as I've forgotten a lot of my AS content and haven't/won't be able to go over it due to UKCAT prep :angry:

Same! :tongue:
Reply 70
What subjects are you studying?: English Lit, History and Latin
What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*AA (hopefully)
Going to uni? If so, which?: Not sure yet, have to select five from a shortlist I've made
Future Goals: No idea!
How you feeling about this year?: It's going to be stressful and hard, and another lengthy battle with procrastination, but I'm optimistic.
AS Grades (If you wish to share): Didn't do any
Original post by yeahthatonethere
I'm from Newcastle and I can tell you it's a really nice city with a lot of stuff to do and the uni is great! The only reason I'm not really considering it is because I want to move away from home but I'd seriously recommend checking it out!

Awh I definitely will then! It's one of my options so I'll def consider it :smile:
Original post by ahlaladolly
I've heard it's good but atm at this point I'm like if i get in anywhere I'm solid:lol:

Yeah same to be honest 😂 I'm not picky
Hey everyone! :wavey:

What subjects are you studying?: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and I'm (reluctantly) doing an EPQ :h:
What grades do you hope to achieve?: Between A*AB and A*A*A, realistically I reckon either A*AB or A*A*B (really don't think an A in Physics is going to happen if I'm honest! :frown:)
Plans for after Year 13: Straight to university for me all being well! :dance:
Going to uni? If so, which?: Hoping to study Maths at uni - Firm: Durham, Insurance: Newcastle :excited:
Future Goals: Want to get my Maths degree, then go on to do a PGCE and become a secondary school teacher :biggrin:
Tell us a bit about yourself: Well, I'm Protostar and I'm probably the most boring person ever. I love a huge variety of music, and I'm a liiiittle bit sporty (aiming to get back into the gym/swimming a lot this year as I let it slide a lot in Y12). And obviously, I spend a lot of time on TSR :tongue:
How you feeling about this year?: A bit nervous, it's certainly going to test me. But I just know that I need to work hard to get where I want to be, so I'm gonna give it my best shot!
AS Grades (If you wish to share): A in Maths, A in Further Maths. My school didn't enter us for the AS in Physics (THANK GOD)
Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!: I'll be making a Y13 GYG and linking it here within the next week or so :ninja:
What subjects are you studying?: French, Spanish and History

What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*A*A would be amazing - but A*AA would be great as well

Plans for after Year 13: Straight to university

Going to uni? If so, which?: Applying to Cambridge, Durham, Manchester, Edinburgh and Leeds

Future Goals: Have no idea - ultimately a job that allows me to travel often as I don't want to settle down in one country until I'm older

Tell us a bit about yourself: I'll be applying to do Spanish and Arabic and I love languages if you can't tell lol

How you feeling about this year?: A bit nervous - I enjoyed AS year a lot but this year I will have to do A2 work, coursework, applications to university, revision for both years, and then the dreaded exams

AS Grades (If you wish to share): I got a B in AS Classical Civilisation which I'm currently getting remarked for multiple reasons lmao

Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!: No but I did start a Modern Language Applicant Thread for 2018 entry! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4810226#primary_content
@XLittleSparrowX I'll be applying to Cambridge :smile:
What subjects are you studying?: Further maths, physics, chemistry
What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*A*A* but physics or further maths could go down to A if slightly mess up an exam or 2.
Plans for after Year 13: straight to uni
Going to uni? If so, which?: applying to cambridge, durham (natsci), warrick and bath (maths+ physics)
Future Goals: Becoming an academic in a feild of science with lots of maths
Tell us a bit about yourself: As well as really liking maths and science, I enjoy classic and progressive rock music, watch quite a lot of anime and have played a decent chunk of D&D.
How you feeling about this year?: Looking forward to having twice as many maths lessons as I did before (did maths over year 11 and 12) and also having loads of free periods (timetable changed from 5 hours per lesson slot to 4 hours).
AS Grades (If you wish to share):AAA (physics, chemistry, lit-dropped) A* (maths full a-level)
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Started planning my project for art and how I'm going to pitch it to my teacher. In drama I'm going to start learning practitioners and my monologue and in media, learning the course overall. I'll probably start procrastinating but I have a timetable and I need to stick to it :colondollar:

8?! Oh my. I'm sure you'll be able to smash them. :hugs:

If I'm excited about anything, it's going out and buying some new equipment, pens and books for my revision, especially art equipment :biggrin: I'm a stationary nut :tongue:

Same! we have to think of a project in Graphics that you can do I'm thinking about doing different cultures from around the world, Japan, history of north and south Korea, video games, comic/manga/anime or films
hi guys! i've been waiting for this thread to be made :smile: nice to meet you all~

What subjects are you studying?: biology, chemistry and french. i did maths at AS too but i'm dropping it

What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*AA since that's what KCL want

Plans for after Year 13: straight to uni ((inshallah))

Going to uni? If so, which?: yes and i'm applying to KCL, QMUL, cardiff & somewhere else for dentistry. then probably st georges biomed as my backup

Future Goals: become a dentist, be happy, have a family, be able to afford my expensive hobbies lmao

Tell us a bit about yourself: my name is zaynah and i have a lot of interests including kpop (i ult shinee taemin), kdramas, nintendo (i have a switch and 3ds) and a few pc games, anime, streetwear, art, languages and photography. i've owned a skateboard since my 15th birthday and i've been desperate to get into it but i have no one to do it with and i'm kind of scared to go on my own bc the skatepark is small and packed with guys and i don't want to go with my parents bc that's embarrassing. i adore cats and am finally getting one in october after 13 years of begging !! i've had 3 driving lessons so far, my next one is tmrw and i'm so bad at steering that i feel disheartened but i'll just have to keep at it right?

How you feeling about this year?: pretty good atm. y12 was a bit of a trainwreck for me so the only way is up. i'm looking forward to having more frees and hopefully staying on top of my work instead of procrastinating... on the flipside i feel absolutely terrified about uni applications, i just don't feel confident in myself at all. i'll be so relieved once results day has come and gone and i know where i stand. i know i'm capable of top grades and stuff but i'm scared for interviews yikes

AS Grades (If you wish to share): the only result i had to pick up was AS maths which i got an A in. the rest of my subjects are linear

Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!:

my studyblr http://neko-stxdying.tumblr.com/
my studygram https://www.instagram.com/neko.stxdying/
i want to make a GYG on 6th sept which is my first day of school, i'll edit it in once i have.
Original post by icy_typhoon
hi guys! i've been waiting for this thread to be made :smile: nice to meet you all~

What subjects are you studying?: biology, chemistry and french. i did maths at AS too but i'm dropping it

What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*AA since that's what KCL want

Plans for after Year 13: straight to uni ((inshallah))

Going to uni? If so, which?: yes and i'm applying to KCL, QMUL, cardiff & somewhere else for dentistry. then probably st georges biomed as my backup

Future Goals: become a dentist, be happy, have a family, be able to afford my expensive hobbies lmao

Tell us a bit about yourself: my name is zaynah and i have a lot of interests including kpop (i ult shinee taemin), kdramas, nintendo (i have a switch and 3ds) and a few pc games, anime, streetwear, art, languages and photography. i've owned a skateboard since my 15th birthday and i've been desperate to get into it but i have no one to do it with and i'm kind of scared to go on my own bc the skatepark is small and packed with guys and i don't want to go with my parents bc that's embarrassing. i adore cats and am finally getting one in october after 13 years of begging !! i've had 3 driving lessons so far, my next one is tmrw and i'm so bad at steering that i feel disheartened but i'll just have to keep at it right?

How you feeling about this year?: pretty good atm. y12 was a bit of a trainwreck for me so the only way is up. i'm looking forward to having more frees and hopefully staying on top of my work instead of procrastinating... on the flipside i feel absolutely terrified about uni applications, i just don't feel confident in myself at all. i'll be so relieved once results day has come and gone and i know where i stand. i know i'm capable of top grades and stuff but i'm scared for interviews yikes

AS Grades (If you wish to share): the only result i had to pick up was AS maths which i got an A in. the rest of my subjects are linear

Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!:

my studyblr http://neko-stxdying.tumblr.com/
my studygram https://www.instagram.com/neko.stxdying/
i want to make a GYG on 6th sept which is my first day of school, i'll edit it in once i have.

Which Nintendo games do you play? I mostly play Pokemon and Zelda, but I'm really getting into Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, and I used to play a lot of Splatoon (not anymore bc I'm playing Xenoblade and I don't have a Switch).

Latest