The Student Room Group

a level dilemma!!

i've been to my first day at my new sixth form and absolutely hate it!! i know i need to give it time as it's only been one day, and there's already a plan in place for if it ends up not working out...

i wasn't really happy at my old school which is why i left, but if i leave my new school its the only place i can go to.

i'm taking english language, english literature and psychology but i'm not really sure about either english, i just took it as i don't really enjoy science or maths. however i also considered sociology - even though theres a strict 3 subject rule should i ask if i can take 4 just for the transition period? and if i'm still unhappy after that should i go back to my old school (where i'd be doing the same subjects) or stick it out at my new school (i have a horrible feeling i'll end up dropping out and doing a btec haha) -- for reference i'm planning to do a degree in education and hopefully become a primary teacher/guidance counsellor type person
Reply 1
Asking if you can take 4 for a while sounds like a good idea - it's definitely worth asking. What don't you like about your sixth form?
Reply 2
Original post by t.64
Asking if you can take 4 for a while sounds like a good idea - it's definitely worth asking. What don't you like about your sixth form?

yeah i think thats for the best haha. its a school sixth form so everyone already had friends so i was kinda alone (i triex talking to loads of different people but only really made 1 friend), not a fan of 2 out of 3 of the teachers i've met which is quite essential for a 2 year course, and as trivial as it is, my lessons are mostly in main school when i was promised they'd be in sixth form block, so its adding extra journey to my day and the school is huge, sure i'd get used to that part but coming from a tiny school i feel very lost
Reply 3
Original post by ollie221011
yeah i think thats for the best haha. its a school sixth form so everyone already had friends so i was kinda alone (i triex talking to loads of different people but only really made 1 friend), not a fan of 2 out of 3 of the teachers i've met which is quite essential for a 2 year course, and as trivial as it is, my lessons are mostly in main school when i was promised they'd be in sixth form block, so its adding extra journey to my day and the school is huge, sure i'd get used to that part but coming from a tiny school i feel very lost

That's a lot to get used to, so I'd give it at least a few more days before moving back. Hope its get better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest