The Student Room Group

I don't like my college but I'm scared to change

I recently started at the sixth form associated with my secondary school. Although I can't say I enjoyed my time at secondary school, I was optimistic about sixth form with the hope that there would be new people to make friends with. I'm now stuck in a friendship group of people I hate and no longer enjoy my time with and I can't say I can connect with the others at my school. There is another school nearby that I want to go to, where I would be able to have a new start, but as a sufferer of anxiety, the prospect petrifies me. Should I stay with people I know and hate and attempt to reconnect with them or have a new start at a place where I feel terrified and uncomfortable?
Original post by sambeaz6
I recently started at the sixth form associated with my secondary school. Although I can't say I enjoyed my time at secondary school, I was optimistic about sixth form with the hope that there would be new people to make friends with. I'm now stuck in a friendship group of people I hate and no longer enjoy my time with and I can't say I can connect with the others at my school. There is another school nearby that I want to go to, where I would be able to have a new start, but as a sufferer of anxiety, the prospect petrifies me. Should I stay with people I know and hate and attempt to reconnect with them or have a new start at a place where I feel terrified and uncomfortable?

I was in a similar position to you when I started Year 12. I was in a vocational college studying for a BTEC and I really hated the people and the tutors. I took a bit of a risk when I transferred to a local sixth form, where I didn't know anyone, but it was worth it.

If you stay at your sixth form where you hate it, you will probably be haunted by thoughts of "what if". I would recommend transferring, but that's just my opinion.
Original post by sambeaz6

It's only two years, less than that with all the breaks - if I were you I'd just focus on your subjects and not be too bothered about the social side of things
me too, im at a new sixth form and im one of the ppl who are worried about change. i hate it and keep wishing i could go back in time. socially wise im a mess but im in the same situation as you. youre not alone! maybe we can give each other help and support??

Quick Reply

Latest