The Student Room Group

How to change college?

I really want to change colleges but I have no clue how, I applied to the college I want, however they are taking a while to respond and I'm scared it's too late.. I want to email them and ask if it's still possible but I have no clue what to include in the email. Does anyone know what to do and give me some advice? Thank you in return.
Original post by maksiim
I really want to change colleges but I have no clue how, I applied to the college I want, however they are taking a while to respond and I'm scared it's too late.. I want to email them and ask if it's still possible but I have no clue what to include in the email. Does anyone know what to do and give me some advice? Thank you in return.

If they're "taking a while to respond", then you're better calling them than e-mailing.

You just need to say that you are awaiting a response to your application and wanted to confirm that they there were no issues. They'll likely ask for you name and one or two other details to confirm who you are, and then they'll either say, "Sorry, we're unable to offer you a place", "We're delighted to be able to offer you a place", "We're still reviewing your applications", etc. If they provide a "stalling" response (like the last one), ask when you should expect a response, one way or other other.

If you really don't want to call, you can do all the above over e-mail, but it'll be a lot slower.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
If they're "taking a while to respond", then you're better calling them than e-mailing.

You just need to say that you are awaiting a response to your application and wanted to confirm that they there were no issues. They'll likely ask for you name and one or two other details to confirm who you are, and then they'll either say, "Sorry, we're unable to offer you a place", "We're delighted to be able to offer you a place", "We're still reviewing your applications", etc. If they provide a "stalling" response (like the last one), ask when you should expect a response, one way or other other.

If you really don't want to call, you can do all the above over e-mail, but it'll be a lot slower.

Thank you for the reply, I'll try to call them then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending