The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Where is university if Newcastle located?

Hey, so I was wondering if Uni of Newcastle situated in the outskirts of the city or is situated in the city centre, like kings or bristol? I have to apply and I'm narrowing down to my choices, and it would be great if someone helped me with this! Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
its in centre
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Arzooshaikh
Hey, so I was wondering if Uni of Newcastle situated in the outskirts of the city or is situated in the city centre, like kings or bristol? I have to apply and I'm narrowing down to my choices, and it would be great if someone helped me with this! Thanks :smile:

Middle. @Newcastle University, can give better positioning info.

It's right in the centre

Yep, it's a city centre campus. Newcastle is pretty compact so you can walk across the city centre in about half an hour.
The main campus is really easy to get to - it's just over the road from Haymarket bus station and Haymarket metro station. You can see a map here.
The Medical School buildings are at the north end of the main campus.
The Business School is towards St James' Park (the football stadium). The closest metro station is St. James. It's only about 10/15 minutes walk from the main campus.

Hope that helps!

Persephone
in Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending