The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier University Applicants Thread 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alicekronqvist
I also just got rejected for Psychology & emailed them. Did they reply to you?

Yeah they said that "your application was unsuccessful because this year the University has experienced a high number of applications to its courses meaning that competition for places is high. We have therefore been unable to make offers to all those students who met or were predicted to meet our typical entry requirements"...
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Original post by luqB14
Yeah they said that "your application was unsuccessful because this year the University has experienced a high number of applications to its courses meaning that competition for places is high. We have therefore been unable to make offers to all those students who met or were predicted to meet our typical entry requirements"...

Psh that’s pretty vague lmfao, I’ll see what they email me back :/
Original post by alicekronqvist
I just got rejected for Psychology BA bachelors. Surprised because Napier was meant to be my back up choice as the requirements were only 30 IB points and I got accepted to the same course at Glasgow with a conditional of 38 IB points. I emailed them out of curiosity.

Anyone else get an offer/rejection today?

Just got a conditional place for journalism! 🎉🎊
I got a rejection for acting and english 22nd February, took it really to heart because it was my backup...not expecting to get into either of my top choices since neither of them have responded yet either :/
I have sent my application on 20 December for Beng Software Engineering, Beng Computing and Bsc Web design and Development (Edinburgh Napier all of them) and still haven’t received anything. Should i be worried or contact them by email? How many places are there in a course roughly ?
I've applied for English Lit in early December and still heard nothing, I'm expecting either a conditional or a rejection. I wish they would just hurry and tell me, it's so difficult not knowing. There seems to be a lot of rejections on this thread which is discouraging!
Has anyone else applied for English?
Original post by juliamik
Just got rejected from both Tourism management and Hospitality management & tourism. It says on Track either the course is full or my application is unsuccessful.

Feels kinda weird as this is my first rejection, got unconditionals on my other choices. But it’s nice cause now I know which offer to make my firm choice 😃

I sent mine on October for both Beng and Meng Software Engineering and still haven’t heard anything. (I’m from the EU). I believe they will answer us in not more than two weeks. Good luck to everyone!
Reply 107
I got an offer for the film course! :smile: good luck to everyone who has interviews or is waiting to hear back!
Name: Alberto
Course: marketing and management-marketing and social media
Predicting grades: eu citizen graduated in Italy with 95/100
Also applying at: Strathclyde
Name: Giorgia
Course: Marine biology
Predicted grades: it's different here but It seems to be like AAB
Also applying at: Aberdeen (conditional) , Heriot Watt (rejected) , Stirling (conditional)
Name: Enrique (Henry) Martin
Course: Software Egineering (BEng and MEng)
Predicted grades: AAB
Also applying at: Strathclyde (Conditional), Heriot-Watt (Rejected) and Edinburgh (nothing yet)
Hi everyone. I applied for Midwifery and got an email yesterday saying I was unsuccessful but they offered me an interview for Adult Nursing or Learning Disability Nursing instead. I didn't think my PS stated anything about those two course, so bit odd. I'm wondering if they offered that because they think I deserve a place at Napier or that those two courses aren't full and are trying to fill them...? I am going to call today for feedback but just wanted opinions/thoughts on it first. Amy x
A lot of rejection in this post , I am worried about It😫 Good luck to Who is waiting yet
I got a conditional offer for software engineering 🎉🎉🎉( EU Student)
Original post by HenryCorn
I got a conditional offer for software engineering 🎉🎉🎉( EU Student)

Nice! I also got a conditional offer and I’m an EU student too!
Original post by ValeriV
Nice! I also got a conditional offer and I’m an EU student too!

Awesome!! Where are you from?? I’m from Spain
Original post by HenryCorn
Awesome!! Where are you from?? I’m from Spain

Bulgaria. Where will you apply for accommodation?
Original post by ValeriV
Bulgaria. Where will you apply for accommodation?

I applied recently for accomodation at the arran house (student housing company)
Name: Neave
Course: Social sciences
Predictated Grades: AABB
Also Applied: Sociology at Edinburgh, Glasgow cali, Stirling & UWS

Interested to see if anyones applied for the same course 😬
Original post by neavehendrie
Name: Neave
Course: Social sciences
Predictated Grades: AABB
Also Applied: Sociology at Edinburgh, Glasgow cali, Stirling & UWS

Interested to see if anyones applied for the same course 😬

I have a conditional offer for Social Sciences at Napier as well as Criminology.

Quick Reply

Latest