The Student Room Group

Is there any chance for me to study Computer Science at uni?

Pretty much all the unis including Manchester and UCL wants Mathematics at A level but I don't have Mathematics at A level I do however have Computing itself at A level, will I be able to do Computer Science at uni?
Original post by The RAR
Pretty much all the unis including Manchester and UCL wants Mathematics at A level but I don't have Mathematics at A level I do however have Computing itself at A level, will I be able to do Computer Science at uni?

Yes, plenty of universities offer CS without Maths A level.
Reply 2
Original post by The RAR

There are universities that do not require A-level Maths (mostly non prestigious ones though). If you're wanting to go to a more difficult and competitive uni, you could consider doing Computer Science with a foundation year.

Some good universities you could apply to are Lancaster and Leicester university (these look favourably on A level Computing). Try going on UCAS website and look at each uni entry requirement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending