The Student Room Group

LSE MSC application 2018/19 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by got12345
Thank you so much!

Also what you have said is so true because we mostly hear of those getting accepted on the student room which is really great but can make others waiting/rejected from other courses feel a little more nervous and disappointed, its good to hear others have experienced this as well I guess we can all relate on that and that we aren't alone! But so agree with this point, it really is their loss!

Yes I totally agree and so glad that we will be studying at LSE this year.

Also does forget to join the Facebook group and look forward to seeing you there my friend :biggrin:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/311281809390261/
Reply 1181
Original post by Kalaygalay5
I really hope you're right about the longer we wait, the more likely we will get in because I am now on my 11th week of waiting lolololol

Yeah 11-week period is much more of a good sign and hopeful the painful wait will definitely be rewarded.

Look forward to seeing you on campus this year :biggrin:
Original post by Nathan9087
Yeah 11-week period is much more of a good sign and hopeful the painful wait will definitely be rewarded.

Look forward to seeing you on campus this year :biggrin:

Omg you're soooo optimistic and I'm here dying from nervousness hahaha I look forward to seeing you too!!!! xD xD if not, I'll be next door at SOAS anyways hahaha
Hello and thank you for your kind words too

For me Edinburgh rejected me automatically due to degree incompatibility which was rather ridiculous as they haven’t even looked at the profile yet.

It took about 1 month for UCL Imperial Warwick to get back and 1 month later for Imperial so that time was really horrible for me.

However LSE replied and accepted me one week after Imperial decision meaning my waiting time for LSE was almost 11-week long so for LSE the longer you wait the more likely you will get in.

I look forward to hearing good news from you very soon 😊

Okay it sounds ridiculous that Edinburgh didn't even take the time to read your profile first! May I ask what you applied to all unis?
I am sorry that you went through a very tough time but it has proved that everything was worth waiting for in the end with that big bonus offer from LSE! So well done for getting through everything :biggrin:

I also hope to get back to you soon with some good news - but I would also like to wait longer for LSE so I still stand a chance in the game! :smile:
Omg you're soooo optimistic and I'm here dying from nervousness hahaha I look forward to seeing you too!!!! xD xD if not, I'll be next door at SOAS anyways hahaha

loool! Nathan9087 always keeps hope alive. He made me see the light when I was in the dark. Thank heavens I received an offer from LSE (after only 4 weeks - and to think it wasn't my firm choice, what was I even thinking). I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will get yours soon. Gosh! 11 weeks is a long time. I can imagine what you'll be thinking about while waiting.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey! Has anyone heard back from LSE about their application to MSc Conflict Studies? The program closed two weeks ago, but I am still waiting for a response...
Original post by WildHeart1502
loool! Nathan9087 always keeps hope alive. He made me see the light when I was in the dark. Thank heavens I received an offer from LSE (after only 4 weeks - and to think it wasn't my firm choice, what was I even thinking). I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will get yours soon. Gosh! 11 weeks is a long time. I can imagine what you'll be thinking about while waiting.

Thank you for your kind words too. Yeah you were really fortunate and I hope LSE will make you happy when you get there. I will keep you all posted on what happened. Here's to more waiting I guess. At least I know I'm still in the running because they asked for an excerpt of my thesis.
Yes I totally agree and so glad that we will be studying at LSE this year.

Also does forget to join the Facebook group and look forward to seeing you there my friend :biggrin:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/311281809390261/

Same I am super excited!
Original post by jellybomb
Let me know if anyone has made a thread for those awaiting scholarships, received an offer but it’s too much, and there seems to be little information as to when we will be informed about scholarships. Thanks!

Hey! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you! Have you made a separate thread for scholarship applicants? The Graduate Tracker says we'll be informed latest by 31st July. But that's cutting it too close for international applicants! I hope they start informing soon...
Reply 1189

Yes SOAS is also great but you definitely have a chance for LSE which I also hope to see you there so relax and be optimistic :smile:
Reply 1190
Original post by queenie95
Okay it sounds ridiculous that Edinburgh didn't even take the time to read your profile first! May I ask what you applied to all unis?
I am sorry that you went through a very tough time but it has proved that everything was worth waiting for in the end with that big bonus offer from LSE! So well done for getting through everything :biggrin:

I also hope to get back to you soon with some good news - but I would also like to wait longer for LSE so I still stand a chance in the game! :smile:

Yes that seems reasonable as the longer you wait the greater chances will be for getting in. I hope to hear great news from you soon and don’t forget to join the Facebook group to get in touch :smile:
Reply 1191
Original post by WildHeart1502

Yes 11-week period was extremely long but in the end it was just like the White Knight bringing miracles to me after a long period of waiting with mixture of offers & rejections :tongue:

I look forward to seeing you at LSE too my friend :biggrin:
Yes 11-week period was extremely long but in the end it was just like the White Knight bringing miracles to me after a long period of waiting with mixture of offers & rejections :tongue:

I look forward to seeing you at LSE too my friend :biggrin:

I also hope the White Knight will bring miracles to me hahaha, hope I am lucky for this week like you were.
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows if there is a possibility of a rejection after waiting for a very long time?
Reply 1194
I also hope the White Knight will bring miracles to me hahaha, hope I am lucky for this week like you were.

Yes he definitely will bring it to you my friend. Can’t wait to see you on campus haha :biggrin:
Received an Anniversary Scholarship today for the full amount I asked for- was surprised to hear back so soon! Debating whether to live out or at home- at home it would probably be a 40 minute commute max- what do people think? Not sure yet how many days I'd be required to go in
For those of you who have been rejected for the automatic GSS:
I would consider reinstating your GSS application via the link in your LSE for you. Initially, my need was too much for the GSS (way over £15000) and got rejected. I had the option of waiting forever for a scholarship, so I cited “future work earnings” in the form of a few thousand pounds to reduce my need to the means of the GSS. This meant that a human being reviewed my application, and a few weeks later, I was awarded £14000 through GSS. Which, to be honest, I had never even heard of happening. Although my fees are higher as an international student, this put LSE back into the running for me.

Long story short: try reducing the amount you need by a some (though they do say that it needs to be a significant change) and have an actual human being review it.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that being successful for the GSS means you will no longer be considered for any other LSE scholarship, since technically your need it met. So do this only if you can actually provide the additional money you cite. This is probably anecdotal evidence, and there is no guarantee that you will also be successful. I posted this in hope that it might also help another person, so proceed at your own risk.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1197
Original post by bexieck
For those of you who have been rejected for the automatic GSS:
I would highly recommend reinstating your GSS application via the link in your LSE for you. Initially, my need was too much for the GSS (way over £15000) and got rejected. I had the option of waiting forever for a scholarship, so I cited “future work earnings” in the form of a few thousand pounds to reduce my need to the means of the GSS. This meant that a human being reviewed my application, and a few weeks later, I was awarded £14000 through GSS. Which, to be honest, I had never even heard of happening. Although my fees are higher as an international student, this put LSE back into the running for me.

Long story short: try reducing the amount you need by a some (though they do say that it needs to be a significant change) and have an actual human being review it.

Hi! So good for you. Where do I find the link to reinstate my GSS application?
Original post by bb94
Hi! So good for you. Where do I find the link to reinstate my GSS application?

Very interesting, I will also try to reinstate my GSS. If someone could let us know how to do this that would be very useful indeed.
[FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE STILL WAITING FOR A DECISION]

Hey guys random thing I noticed today I wanted to share, not sure how significant it is. I clicked on my 2nd preference today in my LSE for You page and my 2nd preference changed from preliminary documentation waiting or whatever (this is supposed to show on all 2nd preferences because they're only supposed to consider you for it if the first choice rejects you) to "under consideration". So it seems like both departments are now considering my application even though I have not received been rejected from the first one? Unless this means I was rejected from the first one and they just haven't updated my page yet. Or it's getting late into the year that all second preferences have to consider now. Whatever it is I will never know but I just wanted to share :smile: Here's to more waitinggggggggggg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending