The Student Room Group

LSE MSC application 2018/19 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamzakk
Hi All,

I applied to MSc Psychology of Economic Life last month and received the Student ID at the end of May. The programme was on Limited Availability and has since closed. I know the standard decision time is 8 weeks but since it's quite late in the admission cycle, I was hoping I could get a decision by 30 June. I have an offer with a scholarship at another Uni which expires on that date. The last thing I want is a rejection by LSE after the acceptance deadline for the other programme has ended. Further, as an International Applicant, I'm not sure I will have enough time to prepare for my arrival in the UK even if I get an acceptance at the end of July.

I wanted to ask if there's anything I can do in this situation? Appreciate your help. Thanks :smile:

I would say you should quickly drop LSE Grad Admissions an email, letting them know of your current situation.

If not you don't get a reply in time, I would definitely recommend you accept the other school with a scholarship. It is highly unlikely that LSE will be able to award you a scholarship at this point. GSS is also out at this point. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, eh?
Hi all.

I hope we are gearing up for September?

Who will be staying at the Sidney Webb House? Identify so we know ourselves and start fraternising before we check in. Others can rep their halls too :smile:
Original post by allyscone
I would say you should quickly drop LSE Grad Admissions an email, letting them know of your current situation.

If not you don't get a reply in time, I would definitely recommend you accept the other school with a scholarship. It is highly unlikely that LSE will be able to award you a scholarship at this point. GSS is also out at this point. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, eh?

Hey yeah I haven't applied for scholarships at LSE as they were already closed by then. I did Email Student recruitment but haven't received a response yet. The other programme is at Leeds and IDK but I feel a little underwhelmed thinking about both the university and the city :|

Only 5 days left to decide
Reply 1563
Original post by WildHeart1502
Hi all.

Who will be staying at the Sidney Webb House? Identify so we know ourselves and start fraternising before we check in. Others can rep their halls too :smile:

I will be at Urbanest Westminster Bridge ^_^
Hi all.

Repping Lilian Knowles (for now), trying to see if I can find cheaper private housing nearer to campus. LK is further than I would like.
Hi all.

MAYBE checking in to High Holborn, but still looking for cheaper options near campus.
Original post by AnnumAftab
MAYBE checking in to High Holborn, but still looking for cheaper options near campus.

Nice!

I didn't apply for accommodation early enough so I was left with High Holborn, Sidney Webb and urbanest King's Cross. Initially, High Holborn was my choice, but I ended up settling for Sidney Webb due to budgetary reasons.
Nice!

I didn't apply for accommodation early enough so I was left with High Holborn, Sidney Webb and urbanest King's Cross. Initially, High Holborn was my choice, but I ended up settling for Sidney Webb due to budgetary reasons.

Yeah same here, I had these same options. Although I've opted for HH, it's contingent on certain unlikely things lining up. Otherwise I'm gonna have to find something else. 😅
Original post by AnnumAftab
Yeah same here, I had these same options. Although I've opted for HH, it's contingent on certain unlikely things lining up. Otherwise I'm gonna have to find something else. 😅

Would you be interested in swapping HH for LK?
Would you be interested in swapping HH for LK?

I might be! But I won't know for sure until a few things clear up in the next few days..
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1570
Anyone going to Conway Hall?

I got the offer today! Hello London :smile:

I've got so much to do between now and September😬

Send help!!!
Reply 1572
Original post by hamzakk
I got the offer today! Hello London :smile:

I've got so much to do between now and September😬

Send help!!!

Congratulations ^_^
Anyone thinking of applying for early arrival? I am not sure if I should, but flying in on 23th Sept seems to be a bit later than I would prefer.
Anyone thinking of applying for early arrival? I am not sure if I should, but flying in on 23th Sept seems to be a bit later than I would prefer.

I'll be applying for early arrival! But I'm not sure how early, yet. I'll be staying at High Holborn.
Reply 1575
Any idea if LSE is still giving out scholarships?
they’ve stopped responding to my mails xD
Original post by dumbidadum
I'll be applying for early arrival! But I'm not sure how early, yet. I'll be staying at High Holborn.

I am looking at arriving on 17 Sept. A week earlier. Thought I could at least have some time to get used to the new environment and sort out all the other stuff.

Staying at Lilian Knowles.
Reply 1577
Original post by lagom
Any idea if LSE is still giving out scholarships?
they’ve stopped responding to my mails xD

Yeah I’m also starving to hear back from them. Hope both of us will receive good news soon ^_^
Reply 1578
Original post by Nathan9087
Yeah I’m also starving to hear back from them. Hope both of us will receive good news soon ^_^

Buddyyyy! This is so scary.
I have no clue what to expect. Any idea if they are still giving them out, because I heard some people heard way back in early June and it worries me.
All the best anyway, I really hope the two of us get itttt.
Reply 1579
Original post by lagom
Buddyyyy! This is so scary.
I have no clue what to expect. Any idea if they are still giving them out, because I heard some people heard way back in early June and it worries me.
All the best anyway, I really hope the two of us get itttt.

Thank you so much. Let’s keep hope alive ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending