The Student Room Group

Tips for getting an A* in A-level Maths

I’m retaking year 13 and last year when I was doing C1 and C2 I Really loved it and got an A in both, but sadly that didn’t happen at A2 until a few weeks before my exam, overall I got a D but I really want to push myself to get an A* this year. Considering I know all the basics and can focus on the harder stuff with the enormous amount of free time I have I really see no reason why I can’t do it.

But apart from just going over things I struggle with and practicing, what can I do to make sure I get 90UMS in C3 and C4? I’m also worried that the C4 comprehension might throw me off (I do MEI) so tips on that would be appreciated.

I just need to get 60UMS in S2 (although I’m aiming for more) and 90 in both C3 and C4.
Original post by Zxyn
I’m retaking year 13 and last year when I was doing C1 and C2 I Really loved it and got an A in both, but sadly that didn’t happen at A2 until a few weeks before my exam, overall I got a D but I really want to push myself to get an A* this year. Considering I know all the basics and can focus on the harder stuff with the enormous amount of free time I have I really see no reason why I can’t do it.

But apart from just going over things I struggle with and practicing, what can I do to make sure I get 90UMS in C3 and C4? I’m also worried that the C4 comprehension might throw me off (I do MEI) so tips on that would be appreciated.

I just need to get 60UMS in S2 (although I’m aiming for more) and 90 in both C3 and C4.

Keep doing past papers and re-do them again if need be. If you don't understand the question look at the mark scheme. If you don't understand the mark scheme then go see your teacher. Fingers crossed you get that A*. Practise practise practise
Get a list of all the maths topics go over everyone and do practice questions. When finished all topics do past papers, no cheating even if their is temptation, mark it seriously( no extra marks and that ****). The questions you got wrong go over it and do practice questions and do another past paper.

Quick Reply

Latest