The Student Room Group

UCAT

does anyone have any tips for the ucat, i’ve been revising for about 2 weeks and my ucat is 2 weeks away - i’ve been finding that my QR and my VR are my worst subtests - any tips?
Original post by aalimk
does anyone have any tips for the ucat, i’ve been revising for about 2 weeks and my ucat is 2 weeks away - i’ve been finding that my QR and my VR are my worst subtests - any tips?

what score have you been getting?
Reply 2
Original post by aalimk

There's a lot of tactics to VR- skip and questions you can't answer in 20-30 seconds, come back when finished. Then when coming back to the questions, read the question CAREFULLY because they'll definitely try to catch you out. Make a good guesstimate; one or two answers will be out of the estimated range completely, and then you can narrow the answer down using more specific answers if you have time. If the question is worded oddly, its probably got a trick to it.

QR- depends what youre struggling on? Are you unused to the calculator? Maybe do a GCSE maths paper speedrun if you don't do maths a level. Like VR, narrow down the possible answer and guesstimate.

Over time, you'll be able to recognise which questions will take you longer than is point-profitable very quickly - as soon as you read the question even. You have two whole weeks! that's plenty of time to get good.

any questions just ask :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by B7861
what score have you been getting?

i’ve been getting overall 2800 but i keep getting 650 in my QR and DM (i got my verbal reasoning up to 730) and they’re just dragging my score down :frown:(
Reply 4
Original post by Jxxu
There's a lot of tactics to VR- skip and questions you can't answer in 20-30 seconds, come back when finished. Then when coming back to the questions, read the question CAREFULLY because they'll definitely try to catch you out. Make a good guesstimate; one or two answers will be out of the estimated range completely, and then you can narrow the answer down using more specific answers if you have time. If the question is worded oddly, its probably got a trick to it.

QR- depends what youre struggling on? Are you unused to the calculator? Maybe do a GCSE maths paper speedrun if you don't do maths a level. Like VR, narrow down the possible answer and guesstimate.

Over time, you'll be able to recognise which questions will take you longer than is point-profitable very quickly - as soon as you read the question even. You have two whole weeks! that's plenty of time to get good.

any questions just ask :smile:

thank you sm!! i do maths a level - i’m okay with the actual content of the questions it just takes me so long to actually do the question - it’s really my timing i’m struggling with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending