The Student Room Group

How do you revise effectively with content heavy subjects i.e. Sociology?

Also before i begin to elaborate on tne question can you please quote me because i have TSR app and it doesn't alert me if someone has commented on the thread unless you quote what i am about to say anyway i digress.
In terms of content heavy subjects how do you ensure you retain information actaully understand said information because i am in a serious pickle and don't know what i should do because there is so much content and i don't know what to do in order to retain the information regarding said content
Original post by LaFuenteBlanca
Also before i begin to elaborate on tne question can you please quote me because i have TSR app and it doesn't alert me if someone has commented on the thread unless you quote what i am about to say anyway i digress.
In terms of content heavy subjects how do you ensure you retain information actaully understand said information because i am in a serious pickle and don't know what i should do because there is so much content and i don't know what to do in order to retain the information regarding said content

I'd say that all my A Level subjects are fairly heavy (Geography, Politics, French) and the thing that really helps me learn the mass of it all is condensing it down. This may sound like you're missing out the information you need to know for your exams but really it's just making it easier and more personalised.

I do this by typing all my notes up and then getting rid of the original resources my teachers give me, such as spider diagrams as they don't help me at all. Instead I turn it all into lists and tables (I find this works really well for grammar rules, and case studies, but I don't know how to apply it to sociology as I don't study it). By doing this I just about halfed the amount of stuff in my folders as you usually cover the same topic a few times for revision, and do it over various lessons meaning you have loads of resources so it looks way too daunting.

Organising it into folders by topic with colour coding also made revison easier if anything, as it just broke everything down and made it all easier to comprehend.

Hope this helps in some way.

Latest

Trending

Trending