The Student Room Group

Unfinished DofE in statement?

Hi,

I've done all the sections of my Silver Duke of Edinburgh, but due to a number of reasons haven't actually got the forms completed/signed or all the evidence in yet. Can I still mention the experience (and how its helped develop skills etc.) in my personal statement or would it seem a bit dodgy or weird to universities when I haven't actually completed it? Or could I put it as 'pending' under the education section (or is that just for if you've sent it off but not got a pass/fail yet)?

Thanks!
pending is if you're still in the process of completing it. so yes you can put pending and still talk about the skills because realistically you have done everything its just a matter of signing. and out of curiosity why cant you get them signed?
Reply 2
Original post by sfaraj
pending is if you're still in the process of completing it. so yes you can put pending and still talk about the skills because realistically you have done everything its just a matter of signing. and out of curiosity why cant you get them signed?

For the skill I did an online course in British Sign Language, so I'm waiting to see if my parents' friend (who is fluent in BSL) will sign me off. The instructor for the physical section randomly stopped the classes (they were an after-school thing) and I can't get a hold of her. The volunteering bit I just need to get signed because I forgot to when I finished. :smile:
Original post by hi_im_niamh
For the skill I did an online course in British Sign Language, so I'm waiting to see if my parents' friend (who is fluent in BSL) will sign me off. The instructor for the physical section randomly stopped the classes (they were an after-school thing) and I can't get a hold of her. The volunteering bit I just need to get signed because I forgot to when I finished. :smile:

there, you could easily have it done before the end of this year. with the physical get a PE teacher to sign it instead.
Reply 4
Original post by sfaraj
there, you could easily have it done before the end of this year. with the physical get a PE teacher to sign it instead.

Great! I was just wondering as my school wants our applications to be done and dusted fairly soon so I was wondering what to do should I not get everything completed in time. Thanks!
Reply 5
maybe just say I am currently completing..... in your personal statement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending