The Student Room Group

bronze duke of edinburgh

Is doing bronze DoFE worth it?
I am not planning on doing silver or gold and I was wondering if only bronze would make much of a difference on a CV or uni application.
Thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by strawberrygloss
I am not planning on doing silver or gold and I was wondering if only bronze would make much of a difference on a CV or uni application.
Thanks x

i would say it doesn't rly make much of a difference, but the volunteering might be helpful for ur CV/uni application. also depends what ur interested in eg if u want to do smth to do with sports science it might be more relevent ?? (dont quote me idrk abt it) but for something like physics it would rly matter much.

i did my silver dofe and im looking to apply for engineering, and when i write my personal statement it will either be briefly mentioned or not at all, so don't stress if u dont do it - it's just something fun i decided to do with my friends :smile:

keep in mind that i rly enjoy the outdoors and camping/hiking etc so i thought it was great, but some of my friends didn't enjoy, so just go with ur gut - iwll u enjoy it or not! think less about cv's and uni applications for this one id say !!

hope this helps x
Original post by m11m
i would say it doesn't rly make much of a difference, but the volunteering might be helpful for ur CV/uni application. also depends what ur interested in eg if u want to do smth to do with sports science it might be more relevent ?? (dont quote me idrk abt it) but for something like physics it would rly matter much.

i did my silver dofe and im looking to apply for engineering, and when i write my personal statement it will either be briefly mentioned or not at all, so don't stress if u dont do it - it's just something fun i decided to do with my friends :smile:

keep in mind that i rly enjoy the outdoors and camping/hiking etc so i thought it was great, but some of my friends didn't enjoy, so just go with ur gut - iwll u enjoy it or not! think less about cv's and uni applications for this one id say !!

hope this helps x

That helped me so much, thank you so so much for that. I am going to do it, the message really helped x
Reply 3
That helped me so much, thank you so so much for that. I am going to do it, the message really helped x

no worries :smile:

have fun !!
Thanks x

Like has been said it doesnt make much difference. But the volunteering can be useful on your cv or uni applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending