The Student Room Group

PwC Graduate Application - odd scenario

So I applied to PwC and aced all the online assessments. Got the email that read

"Thank you for taking the time to complete our online tests. We’re delighted to confirm you’ve successfully met our assessment criteria for the online tests. Your application is now being reviewed by our recruitment team to determine your eligibility for the role you have applied to and we’ll be in touch within the next 5 working days..."

This was followed up by: "We’ve reviewed your application against our eligibility criteria and we’ve reluctantly decided not to proceed with it on this basis. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer individual feedback due to the number of applications we receive.."

If I have gotten to this stage, surely I should have been invited for an interview. Otherwise the first line would have said something like "unfortunately you don't match our criteria" etc

Any ideas?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Not 100% on how they process applications. Sounds like they dont review applications until after you've completed the online tests. May be the case that they auto-filter any applications that dont meet requirements before they offer test, and then once youve done the tests, your application as a whole is reviewed by a human.
Original post by jay44
So I applied to PwC and aced all the online assessments. Got the email that read

"Thank you for taking the time to complete our online tests. We’re delighted to confirm you’ve successfully met our assessment criteria for the online tests. Your application is now being reviewed by our recruitment team to determine your eligibility for the role you have applied to and we’ll be in touch within the next 5 working days..."

This was followed up by: "We’ve reviewed your application against our eligibility criteria and we’ve reluctantly decided not to proceed with it on this basis. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer individual feedback due to the number of applications we receive.."

If I have gotten to this stage, surely I should have been invited for an interview. Otherwise the first line would have said something like "unfortunately you don't match our criteria" etc

Any ideas?

You met the auto filter criteria

You passed the test

Now the rest of your application is reviewed by a human being and somewhere along the line you didn't make the cut - same thing happened to me with PwC for internship applications a few years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending