Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Welcome!

Have YOU been involved in a break up? If so, feel free to answer any / all of the questions below to share your experience and help other people deal with their own break ups.

Q1. When did the breakup take place?

Q2. Did you break up with someone / get broken up with / break up mutually?

Q3. Why did you break up?

Q4. How do you feel about your ex now?

Q5. Do you have any advice for how to break up with someone / avoid a break up / cope with a breakup?

Spoiler:
    Show

Here's my latest experience:

Q1. 3 months ago.

Q2. Kind of mutual, we both saw it coming but had different reasons for wanting to break up.

Q3. She didn't want a long distance relationship since she was going to university, especially since our communication had died down a bit in the months leading up to the break up.
    I felt like the relationship was more of a chore and it wasn't fulfilling, I was mainly still in it because we shared the same friend group and it would complicate things between our friends if we split up too soon before uni started.

Q4. I don't hate her, I care about her but I slowly grew to dislike her the longer the relationship carried on.

Q5. Communication is key, speak with your partner about things you don't like about your relationship and try to deal with them.
    If nothing changes, it's probably best not to be in a relationship with them.

Q1. Last 2 days of exam season
    Q2. Mutually/initiated by me
    Q3. They where getting increasingly physical with my long term best-friend and where communicating more with my best friend than me.
    Q4. Dislike them. As, imo, it was them who broke the relationship. But they are trying to talk to me again (only friendly)
    Q5 a. Break up face to face if you are in the right, if you are not, break up over text or something.
    Q5 b. I tried doing this for around 2 months, it doesn't work, if you are trying to avoid it, you need to do it.
    Q5 c. Life still goes on! Go do some fun ****

bamping this

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.