The Student Room Group

gsce religious studies help!

At my school they don't offer any extra curricular subjects except for the mandatory and the usual. I'm trying to take as many gsce as possible because of my situation, I want to take religious studies as a gsce however my school doesn't offer it so is there a way I can self teach myself ?
No and I would suggest you don't - it is better to stick to what you have.
i am currently in my last year of school and studying religion. In the first year (year 10) i studies Christianity and at the moment I am learning about Islam, I am happy to email you personally on what you need to know if you was taking it for an actual gcse paper exam like I did for Christianity and what I am going to on Islam
Reply 3
On AQA you learn 4 themes, which take up 50% of the course. These are humanitarian issues, religious issues on things like abortion, faith, etc. More religion and society in general than a specific religion. You get 1 paper, and a full question on each theme.

You then learn 2 religions, most commonly Christianity and Islam. You do 2 questions on each religion, 1 on practices and one on beliefs and teachings. You have to learn quotes for the exam.

A full question is a 1 marker, 2 marker, 4 marker, 5 marker and 12 marker.

PLEASE DO NOT SELF-STUDY A GCSE OK
Original post by kitosan
At my school they don't offer any extra curricular subjects except for the mandatory and the usual. I'm trying to take as many gsce as possible because of my situation, I want to take religious studies as a gsce however my school doesn't offer it so is there a way I can self teach myself ?

if you're confident in self teaching it - then go ahead, but be careful that you don't waste your own time.

Quick Reply

Latest