Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the AQA GCSE English Language resit in 2 weeks time? How are you guys revising?

ReputationRep:
    im doing my mocks xD in 2 weeks time, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GcseStudent9)
    im doing my mocks xD in 2 weeks time, good luck!
    Thanks!!! Good luck to you too!!!!

ReputationRep:
    How are you doing, whats your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    How are you doing, whats your predicted grades?
    Hi,

I am very well thanks apart from the fact that I have my resit in 2 weeks lol. I was predicted an 8 but slipped in my GCSE and got a 4.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Me? my latest results on english lang was 4, im working on it Can you PM me?

ReputationRep:
    Me? my latest results on english lang was 4, im working on it Can you PM me?
    Yeah sure!

ReputationRep:
    Me. I am on my fourth attempt at English gcse. This is my first time doing the new spec. I am pretty nervous to say the least 😂. I got a d in the last three times just hoping for an c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenapplepear)
    Is anyone doing the AQA GCSE English Language resit in 2 weeks time? How are you guys revising?
    Omds it's tomorrow but I don't even know how to revise for it. I was predicted to get at least a 7 but got a 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans1212)
    Omds it's tomorrow but I don't even know how to revise for it. I was predicted to get at least a 7 but got a 5
    Good luck man.I was predicted a 6 got an 8 and still resitting 😂 jokes aside I only found out yesterday tht the exam was today because my college didnt print me a timetable..anyways hope you get atleast ab7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkDeathRider)
    Good luck man.I was predicted a 6 got an 8 and still resitting 😂 jokes aside I only found out yesterday tht the exam was today because my college didnt print me a timetable..anyways hope you get atleast ab7
    How did you find the exam? Your college is a joke. I'd be livid if I was told one day before

ReputationRep:
    Idk what to say.since I only had 1 day to prepare for the exam I had to skip my external religious studies.Only had time to practice section A.I think I should have hopefully atleast 33 marks from that .As for section B..well lets just say.since I hadn't done any extended writing for 4 months I was rusty and didn't do so much.I feel bad for people who prefer description tho as it was 2 stories.i prefer stories but id probs get 14 marks for technical accuracy and 18 marks for content.So hopefully I secured a total of 63 marks. (I got 61 on paper 1 in June) although now that I think about it I thought this went worse than my June one.rip.On a side note ,yes I did get a 9 in paper 1 in summer but I got an 8 in paper 2 (8 overall) and it's my choice to resit.I need to prove to the teacher who predicted me a 6 that it is indeed possible to get the too grade in the country even if u got D's at start of year 11.So.any1 else resitting maths in hopes of going from an 8 to a 9?

ReputationRep:
    It was absolutely dreadful ! No linguistic devices at all

ReputationRep:
    It was about Alice and her experience of digging

ReputationRep:
    I saw repetition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monelbailey)
    Ikr I thought I was the only one losing brain cells over how simple it was.The only stuff I was able to pick up was pastoral and colour imagery aswell as enjabment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkDeathRider)
    Ikr I thought I was the only one losing brain cells over how simple it was.The only stuff I was able to pick up was pastoral and colour imagery aswell as enjabment
    Well good luck to you and your grade 9 . I will be lucky to get a 4 in the way this is heading out to be for me. All I can say is that my story was good

ReputationRep:
    The truth is that I had to waffle my self through out the exam

ReputationRep:
    Mr bruffs advice flew out of my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monelbailey)
    I know I hated question 2 because I couldn't find anything apart from personification.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.