The Student Room Group

University course help?!

The University of Liverpool asks for ABB for Psychology with one science subject but with two they accept BBB however online they only hint at the possibility of the BBB yet on their open day it was addressed as if it was common.

Does anyone know of any Russel Group/Red Brick universities that will be open to accepting a grade lower for a Psychology course if I have two science A-Levels (Psychology & Biology)?
Reply 1
Well, your first issue is that most Russel Groups do not consider Psychology as a natural science, so I don't believe they would lower the threshold
Original post by Avaia
Well, your first issue is that most Russel Groups do not consider Psychology as a natural science, so I don't believe they would lower the threshold

Alright okay, I thought considering the subject itself was one of the ones I was studying as well as a natural science they would count it as two like Uni of Liverpool but thanks anyways.
Reply 3
Original post by HakunaMatata2k
Alright okay, I thought considering the subject itself was one of the ones I was studying as well as a natural science they would count it as two like Uni of Liverpool but thanks anyways.

Yeah, some unis do count Psychology, and there are a few RG that I believe do count it, you should check the grade requirements for each uni. If it says something like AAA-AAB, then the high grade is like, almost guaranteed an offer, and the lower grade is an offer if you can also demonstrate that you should be on the course (with your PS and what not)
Original post by Avaia
Yeah, some unis do count Psychology, and there are a few RG that I believe do count it, you should check the grade requirements for each uni. If it says something like AAA-AAB, then the high grade is like, almost guaranteed an offer, and the lower grade is an offer if you can also demonstrate that you should be on the course (with your PS and what not)

Alright okay thanks a lot!
Reply 5
Most psychology courses I've seen say that psychology can be considered as one of your science subjects. I don't know any other uni other than liverpool which is a russell group and takes lower entry requirements if u do 2 sciences.
Reply 6
Update: I got BBB from Liverpool today. I do psychology chemistry and maths

Quick Reply

Latest