Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I thought it would be interesting to chat about our Cambridge aspirations!
    I’ll start by saying a bit about myself.

GCSEs:
    Science, maths, English language and literature, history, French, art and German
    Possible a levels:
    History, French, English language, English literature
    Other possible universities:
    Durham, UCL, Edinburgh, LSE (not sure)
    To study:
    History and French, HSPS or International relations, veering more towards history and French at the moment

So that’s me, what about you?

(If this thread already exists oops and I might have put it in the wrong forum!)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Cambridge. I'm getting a degree in aesthetics.

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculously early...

I swear it will be the year 8s next who will be "hopeful" for Cambridge 2022 entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    This is ridiculously early...

I swear it will be the year 8s next who will be "hopeful" for Cambridge 2022 entry.
    I wouldn’t say ridiculously early as getting good gcses can lead to a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ioneg)
    I wouldn’t say ridiculously early as getting good gcses can lead to a lot.
    Most Cambridge applicants don't start thinking about applying until after their GCSE results. Besides, GCSE results aren't awfully important for Cambridge. But I guess there's no harm in being enthusiastic.

ReputationRep:
    Too early lmao. next year it will be year 6 saying "currently studying for SATS! I WANT TO GO TO OXFORD UNIVERSITY)

ReputationRep:
    Most Cambridge applicants don't start thinking about applying until after their GCSE results. Besides, GCSE results aren't awfully important for Cambridge. But I guess there's no harm in being enthusiastic.
    It’s only two years. I like to be prepared.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Besides, GCSE results aren't awfully important for Cambridge.
    O rly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    O rly?

Oh please... I never said they were *that* important, I said you will be better off if you have strong GCSEs for medicine rather than 0 A*s...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.