The Student Room Group

Current year 11 Oxbridge hopefuls (2020 entry I think?)

Hi, I thought it would be interesting to chat about our Oxbridge aspirations!
I’ll start by saying a bit about myself.

GCSEs:
Science, maths, English language and literature, history, French, art and German
Possible a levels:
History, French, English language, English literature
Other possible universities:
Edinburgh, King’s College London, Lancaster and Leeds
To study:
English and French at Oxford

So that’s me, what about you?

(If this thread already exists oops and I might have put it in the wrong forum!)
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm going to Cambridge. I'm getting a degree in aesthetics.
This is ridiculously early...

I swear it will be the year 8s next who will be "hopeful" for Cambridge 2022 entry.
Reply 3
Original post by RedGiant
This is ridiculously early...

I swear it will be the year 8s next who will be "hopeful" for Cambridge 2022 entry.

I wouldn’t say ridiculously early as getting good gcses can lead to a lot.
Original post by Ioneg
I wouldn’t say ridiculously early as getting good gcses can lead to a lot.

Most Cambridge applicants don't start thinking about applying until after their GCSE results. Besides, GCSE results aren't awfully important for Cambridge. But I guess there's no harm in being enthusiastic.
Too early lmao. next year it will be year 6 saying "currently studying for SATS! I WANT TO GO TO OXFORD UNIVERSITY)
Reply 6
Most Cambridge applicants don't start thinking about applying until after their GCSE results. Besides, GCSE results aren't awfully important for Cambridge. But I guess there's no harm in being enthusiastic.

It’s only two years. I like to be prepared.
Reply 7
Besides, GCSE results aren't awfully important for Cambridge.

O rly?

:wink:
Original post by Doonesbury
O rly?

:wink:

Oh please... I never said they were *that* important, I said you will be better off if you have strong GCSEs for medicine rather than 0 A*s...
anybody likes to enter medicine?
Original post by Ioneg
Hi, I thought it would be interesting to chat about our Cambridge aspirations!
I’ll start by saying a bit about myself.

GCSEs:
Science, maths, English language and literature, history, French, art and German
Possible a levels:
History, French, English language, English literature
Other possible universities:
Durham, UCL, Edinburgh, LSE (not sure)
To study:
History and French, HSPS or International relations, veering more towards history and French at the moment

So that’s me, what about you?

(If this thread already exists oops and I might have put it in the wrong forum!)

I'm I'm early but I hope to go to cambridge
GCSEs; triple science, eng Lang, eng lit, Geography, RE, maths, French, feel
A levels: Physics, Chemistry, maths, Geography
Other unis; Nottingham, MIT, Harvard, maybe Oxford(I know you can only apply to one out of oxbridge)
To study; natural sciences, engineering sciences
Original post by srennie
I'm I'm early but I hope to go to cambridge
GCSEs; triple science, eng Lang, eng lit, Geography, RE, maths, French, feel
A levels: Physics, Chemistry, maths, Geography
Other unis; Nottingham, MIT, Harvard, maybe Oxford(I know you can only apply to one out of oxbridge)
To study; natural sciences, engineering sciences

Good luck! Make sure to take your SATs early, you don't want them clashing with your UCAS app and perhaps Cambridge interviews (like it did for one of my friends). It's stressful, so take them at the end of Year 12!

And make sure your extracurriculars are quite good. US unis love them to bits. At times (according to my US friend) they can make the final call, together with the essays you submit.
Hi everyone, I just created a thread specifically for Dutch Oxbridge applicants. You can use it to ask questions and find some info. I know applying to UK unis form the Netherlands is complicated, so come to the thread to meet some new people and find some people who are in the same situation!

Find it here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5683520

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending