The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grad.med.app
I'm surprised they said you needed a masters - would have to go back and check but could have sworn they said that they don't take any further study after a first degree into account (Unlike Glasgow, for example which gives you more points for a Masters on your application, I think).

Last open day I was at ScotGEM said that they weren't allowed to tell us the cutoff for GAMSAT because the recruitment process is still ongoing (seems a bit of a cop out if you ask me!). Why do you think you'll only go for ScotGEM? If you are doing the SJT anyway, may aswell do the whole UKCAT and add another 3 uni options and increase your chances of getting in? Unless you don't think you would accept an offer for a 5-year course?

Sorry I missed the notification ! Scotgem is the only course in Scotland with funding for a gem programme plus it offers a bursary. I have a family and don't want to uproot them from Scotland. Normal ones cost the fees plus childcare, though I might apply for Aberdeen again dependant on my higher results in a few days
Hey guys!

I’m being dense with my UCAS application (I’m blaming the GAMSAT for destroying my brain cells) but I don’t see anywhere on out my previous degree in education as my institution is not in the drop down list? Also does anyone know if we have an additional reference if there is an email or post contact for the admissions department?

Thanks

Ellie
Does anyone know if student finance pays the fees for ScotGEM if you are English?
I thought your fees were paid and you could get a bursary, but that might be Scottish not uk, but you can get funding from student loans if you don't get them paid as I looked into it. But its £1850 a year for fees.
It's so quiet here. By the way I am a pharmacist and has applied for 2019 entry and I like the way ScotGEM curriculam has been organized. I think it's pretty unique compare to other unis.
Original post by Manicbex
I thought your fees were paid and you could get a bursary, but that might be Scottish not uk, but you can get funding from student loans if you don't get them paid as I looked into it. But its £1850 a year for fees.

It's £9250 per year for anyone applying from outside Scotland. Although I believe there is an NHS bursary after first year which brings that down quite a bit.

Still, rather scary sums when you do the math....
(edited 5 years ago)
I am surprised at how quiet it is too.
How did you guys get on with the survey?
Original post by Manicbex
I am surprised at how quiet it is too.
How did you guys get on with the survey?

still doing it. I keep on changing it. how did you find the questions especially the first one
Does anyone know if the 1000 characters limit for online questionnaire questions is including spaces?
i would assume so. I am just doing my as if it is 1000 with spaces like the ucas statement. I've just finished mine. nearly submitted qtn 2 like why was I a good choice for scotgem, until i realised it was over other med schools
Lol. That's what made it complicated but it's doable
Just submitted my questionnaire, I hate character limits! But got there eventually
Does anyone know when are we expecting reply from them?
Well they'll need time to process the surveys...
Last year they heard back a couple weeks after the deadline for questionaries, but that may be because questionnaires were sent end of Oct and first interviews were Dec so might not be as quick a turn around for us if interviews are not til Feb
I emailed ScotGEM admissions and was informed it won’t be December we hear back about interview :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending