The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream- Early Diversity Internship 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MelTranfield
I sent mine off right before the deadline (9th Nov), and I doubt I was the only one - don't think they said it was on a rolling basis? Due to this I thought we'd all hear back sometime around the last week of November to give them time to process everything. Also, it's odd that they'd never get back to any of us at all. I assumed, being the Civil Service, and this being an Early Diversity internship, that we'd at least be informed if we didn't get it.

Either way, you can still apply for the SDIP next year! I definitely will be, after I've had time to actually practice the situational judgement tests :smile:

You doubt correctly, I also sent my application right before the deadline haha. Yeah that's a good point. I just find it strange that they'd let one person, or a few people, know so early on and leave the rest of us waiting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Original post by TheMathsTeacher
You doubt correctly, I also sent my application right before the deadline haha. Yeah that's a good point. I just find it strange that they'd let one person, or a few people, know so early on and leave the rest of us waiting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I also find it strange. Maybe they weren't being entirely truthful? I messaged the Civil Service Fast Stream account on Facebook a while ago to check the deadline, which they were perfectly happy to provide. They posted on the 9th November thanking everyone who applied and stating 'good luck to those of you still working through the online tests'. I take that to mean applying before the deadline doesn't necessarily affect your chances. Judging from this, I highly doubt they'd let anyone know their results before the official deadline. That usually doesn't happen. I might shoot them another message asking about their process of informing applicants. Let's hope we hear back soon, whether it's good or bad news!
Original post by madxw
Attachment not found

Ok petal

Lol. How early did you apply? Was it quite early or...? Just so we can try and work out how they're letting applicants know ha.
Lol. How early did you apply? Was it quite early or...? Just so we can try and work out how they're letting applicants know ha.

I think it might be on a rolling basis because I applied like end of September? But I have a mate who applied around the same time and she got told she was rejected a week before I heard back from them- I wouldn’t worry though because it seems like loads of people haven’t heard back yet and I think I applied quite early so yeah
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by madxw
I think it might be on a rolling basis because I applied like end of September? But I have a mate who applied around the same time and she got told she was rejected a week before I heard back from them- I wouldn’t worry though because it seems like loads of people haven’t heard back yet and I think I applied quite early so yeah

That's interesting. Usually they state if it's on a rolling basis though. Thanks for the info anyway; I didn't mean to doubt you personally, but people often make disingenuous claims on this site, so..
I sent mine off right before the deadline (9th Nov), and I doubt I was the only one - don't think they said it was on a rolling basis? Due to this I thought we'd all hear back sometime around the last week of November to give them time to process everything. Also, it's odd that they'd never get back to any of us at all. I assumed, being the Civil Service, and this being an Early Diversity internship, that we'd at least be informed if we didn't get it.

Either way, you can still apply for the SDIP next year! I definitely will be, after I've had time to actually practice the situational judgement tests :smile:

I emailed them and they said they were doing the SDIP tests first and we will find out by the end of November at the latest.
guys keep checking your junk mail as mine was filtered as junk. I have applied to SDIP and received a reply in the first week of November. I have submitted my response to additional questions now just waiting for a reply to that.
Original post by azizadil1998
I emailed them and they said they were doing the SDIP tests first and we will find out by the end of November at the latest.

Okay cool, thanks for the info. I messaged them on Facebook and they said we should hear back 'very soon'. Do you mean they will be getting back to the SDIP applicants first and then us - though their deadline was at the end of October? I didn't really expect them to immediately get back to me, as I sent it off right at the deadline.
Okay cool, thanks for the info. I messaged them on Facebook and they said we should hear back 'very soon'. Do you mean they will be getting back to the SDIP applicants first and then us - though their deadline was at the end of October? I didn't really expect them to immediately get back to me, as I sent it off right at the deadline.

Yeah sdip people have already heard back about their test results like last week or so (I know a few that’s why), so by the very latest it should be end of next week
Original post by azizadil1998
Yeah sdip people have already heard back about their test results like last week or so (I know a few that’s why), so by the very latest it should be end of next week

Okay, thanks. Still haven't heard back, so hoping we will definitely be contacted by them by the end of next week :smile:
Anyone heard anything?!
Original post by olamide1
Anyone heard anything?!

Emailed them and the woman said she will chase this up but I should be hearing back "very soon". I'm also part of SEO and Rare Recruitment, both have told me that no one has heard back yet :/
Same, I've not heard anything yet either! Facebook messaged them and got no response. Guess they're all on holiday :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Original post by studententr
guys keep checking your junk mail as mine was filtered as junk. I have applied to SDIP and received a reply in the first week of November. I have submitted my response to additional questions now just waiting for a reply to that.

Did you apply for FS too, or just SDIP?
Have you heard back re your additional info yet?
Anyone heard back yet?
I phoned up HR they said pass marks being set mid December and we’ll know sometime in January
Original post by olamide1
I phoned up HR they said pass marks being set mid December and we’ll know sometime in January

lool i had forgotten about this now
Finally heard back today! Passed the first stage, now I just need to answer some further questions and send that off within 7 days. If you guys are still waiting to hear, I'd check your junk mail just in case. Good luck everyone! :smile:
Rejected fml
Finally heard back today! Passed the first stage, now I just need to answer some further questions and send that off within 7 days. If you guys are still waiting to hear, I'd check your junk mail just in case. Good luck everyone! :smile:

Congrats! I heard back today too. Just looked at their website and apparently, after you've passed the online tests, you've got to complete 'a short online application form'. Is that the same thing as the 'additional questions' stage that they referred to in the email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending