The Student Room Group

Can I self study A levels and get 4 A*

Just like the title says, I hold 2 A in economics and maths and A D in Physics in AS level all of which I self studied , the only reason I scored a D was due to incomplete topics coming in the exam. Now I was wondering if I can further self study A2 and end up getting 4 A* ? I am planning to study Maths, physics, further maths and economics ?
Is this linear or modular?
Reply 2
Yes, why couldn't you? (Assuming your subjects are linear and if not, that you done well enough that it is still possible to get an A*)
You will have to work very hard, but it sure is doable. Just make sure you do a lot of past papers as well so you know how your doing. Also you are going to have to go the extra mile to try and understand everything so it sticks in and also do extra reading etc. If you want it bad enough you can do it.

Good luck.
Make sure you don't procrastinate, find something to motivate you. Dream job? Dream uni..
Reply 3
Yes! As long as you put in the effort of course. Stay commited, use your old timetable so it's 'like' school. Lots of free learning resources such as ExamSolution, MathsWebsite, PhysicsAndMathsTutor etc. There are some you can pay for like SnapRevise and Study.com(American website but maths is maths). Worst comes to worst, you can drop one if your willing too? Or you can get a tutor. Uni students do tutoring for cheap, (A friend had one for £10 an hour). I have a friend who is doing 5 A-Levels, selfteaching 2 and doing SO MANY extracurriculur activites it's ridiculous, and she got 5 A*s for AS, and is predicted to get 5 A*s.
So yeah, its possible. Get someone older like mum or dad to make sure you study if you cant trust yourself! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest