The Student Room Group

What book left an impact on you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michiyo
Share the book that impressed you or left a mark on you with us! :smartass:

In my case, that was Animal Farm by George Orwell. I read it when I was very young (about nine or ten years old) and I hated it so much exactly because it was so sad. To this day, I still cannot forget how I felt when I read it. :moon:

Finding Cassie Crazy
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
There's a film? Where the hell have I been?

Yeah, came out in 1999 if I recall correctly, not that I saw it then :tongue:
Reply 22
The whole Harry Potter series.

The Famous Five series.

The Adventures Of The Magic Wishing Chair.

The Faraway Tree.
Reply 23
To have or to be by Fromm
Original post by cupcakes87
The Fault In Our Stars

and

The Illustrated Mum

and

Spy for the Queen of Scotts

and and and the most important,

Lola Rose

Jacqueline wilson was my childhood, the two books you've mentioned just reminded how much her writing had an impact on me😭
In no particular order..
The absolute true diary of a part time indian - Sherman Alexie
1984 - George Orwell
Kiss - Jacqueline Wilson
The reader - Bernhad Schlink
Reply 26
Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter

Also, I had a maths teacher who had a habit of throwing a book (or board duster) at any dozing pupils.
That made an impact.
(edited 6 years ago)
Me before you. the book and the movie
A Little Life- Hanya Yanagihara
Original post by Phil_mitchell
Jacqueline wilson was my childhood, the two books you've mentioned just reminded how much her writing had an impact on me😭

same!
Reply 30
Original post by Michiyo
Share the book that impressed you or left a mark on you with us! :smartass:

In my case, that was Animal Farm by George Orwell. I read it when I was very young (about nine or ten years old) and I hated it so much exactly because it was so sad. To this day, I still cannot forget how I felt when I read it. :moon:

Same here, loved the book, thought it was very cleverly written :-)
Animal Farm and 1984 by George Orwell. He just has a way of leaving such an impact throughout the whole story and then the last lines are always so thought provoking!
Reply 32
of mice and men
the breadwinners
Reply 34
Roll of thunder hear my cry, Woman in Berlin and To kill a mockingbird are probably my top 3 but I definitely have loads more
The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Taught me so much about life and the ending is emotional uno :cry2:
A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara - My eyes actually water every time I think about it. It taught me to be thankful for my family and the little things in life and so much more, would recommend it to everybody. (:
Reply 37
My sister Jodie - Jacqueline Wilson
The first book that ever made me cry.
Bertrand Russell's A History of Western Philosophy.

I read it 15 years ago and it still remains the most informative book I've ever encountered.
Mind Games - Teri Terry

Inspired what I want to do in the future, and also made me aware of the psychological and philosophical issues needed to be addressed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending