The Student Room Group

Extra activbities for UCAS application

I am filling out my ucas application and i have nothing to put for extra activities, i have researched about my subject and read books on it, attended open day talks but other than that i havent done anything. is there still time to do some extra activities? also it would be great if any1 knows a website where i can find these types of extra activities like taster courses, uni run programmes etc.
Reply 1
Original post by revo349
I am filling out my ucas application and i have nothing to put for extra activities, i have researched about my subject and read books on it, attended open day talks but other than that i havent done anything. is there still time to do some extra activities? also it would be great if any1 knows a website where i can find these types of extra activities like taster courses, uni run programmes etc.

When you mean extra activities, I presume you mean supercurriculars? (and not the 'extra activities' section on UCAS, which is for something else entirely).

You don't just have to read books. Attending lectures (online or in person), listening to podcasts and doing MOOCs are all ways to show that you've engaged with your subject.
Original post by mesub
When you mean extra activities, I presume you mean supercurriculars? (and not the 'extra activities' section on UCAS, which is for something else entirely).

You don't just have to read books. Attending lectures (online or in person), listening to podcasts and doing MOOCs are all ways to show that you've engaged with your subject.

no yea i meant the extra activities that you put on ucas sorry
Reply 3
Original post by revo349
Original post by mesub

That's only for university-run outreach activities. The vast majority of applicants won't have anything to put there, and you certainly won't be disadvantaged for not having something there.

It's for universities to measure what impact their outreach program had on applicants applying to that uni, and some other statistical things. I wouldn't worry about it.
Original post by mesub

That's only for university-run outreach activities. The vast majority of applicants won't have anything to put there, and you certainly won't be disadvantaged for not having something there.

It's for universities to measure what impact their outreach program had on applicants applying to that uni, and some other statistical things. I wouldn't worry about it.
Ah ok thank god lol. Thanks!!
Reply 5
There is s good search facility on the UCAS website for taster courses etc - University Taster Courses | UCAS
You can select 'on-line' only - or include those offered in-person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending