Computer Science: A
    English Language: A
    English Literature: B
    French: B
    Further Additional Science: B
    Further Mathematics: B
    Geography: B
    Music: B

I received my AS results last year, and although they were by no means bad, I was disappointed with them. My entire life I worked hard to get into a good grammar school and then the same school's sixth form. As you can tell, I had a better chance at getting good AS levels than most people, and I did. They just weren't good enough for me to do what I wanted.

I wanted to go to Oxford, but my AS results disagreed, here's what I got:

Expand
    Maths - B
    Government and Politics - C
    Psychology - C

again, these results aren't bad, but Oxford flew out of the window when it came to applications this year.

Spoiler:
    Show

However, I am glad about this because I wasn't sure of what I wanted to do and to have gotten all As would have probably resulted in me choosing something I didn't enjoy, or my mum might have pressured me into doing maths and I am not sure that is a subject for me at degree level (the only sort of degree maths I am interested in is Actuarial Science)

While I had to miss out on applications this year, it doesn't mean I am just going to give up (hopefully). I tend to be low on motivation, so hopefully this will help, and if anyone has any advice on how to stay motivated and to do successful revision for any of my subjects (maths, psychology, and sociology), it would be greatly appreciated.

so far, my revision attempts can't really even be called attempts. The only thing I tried to start revision for was Psychology, and it's not a lot... but at least it is a start.

Attachment 701314

Attachment 701316

Attachment 701318

Attachment 701320

My revision may or may not be too wordy, so if anyone has effective tips on revision, I would really appreciate the help, thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabricatedSwag)
    I received my AS results last year, and although they were by no means bad, I was disappointed with them. My entire life I worked hard to get into a good grammar school and then the same school's sixth form. As you can tell, I had a better chance at getting good AS levels than most people, and I did. They just weren't good enough for me to do what I wanted.

I wanted to go to Oxford, but my AS results disagreed, here's what I got:

Expand
    Government and Politics - C
    Maths - B
    Psychology - C

again, these results aren't bad, but Oxford flew out of the window when it came to applications this year.

Spoiler:
    Show

However, I am glad about this because I wasn't sure of what I wanted to do and to have gotten all As would have probably resulted in me choosing something I didn't enjoy, or my mum might have pressured me into doing maths and I am not sure that is a subject for me at degree level (the only sort of degree maths I am interested in is Actuarial Science)

While I had to miss out on applications this year, it doesn't mean I am just going to give up (hopefully). I tend to be low on motivation, so hopefully this will help, and if anyone has any advice on how to stay motivated and to do successful revision for any of my subjects (maths, psychology, and sociology), it would be greatly appreciated.

so far, my revision attempts can't really even be called attempts. The only thing I tried to start revision for was Psychology, and it's not a lot... but at least it is a start.

Attachment 701314

Attachment 701316

Attachment 701318

Attachment 701320

My revision may or may not be too wordy, so if anyone has effective tips on revision, I would really appreciate the help, thank you
    Good luck this year! Do you know what you want to study at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Good luck this year! Do you know what you want to study at uni?
    not quite yet, so I am planning on going to college in the interim of 6th form and university... hopefully that will help me decide more.

I quite like classics and oriental studies (so maybe that would be my top choice, I don't really know at this time )

ReputationRep:
    14th November, 2017

Just a brief update, On Monday I got the results back for a psychology test I did on the gender section of the A-Level, I got 18/24, which is an A.

Spoiler:
    Show

I am expected to get a B overall, but if I had gotten 18/24 in all the psychology modules of all three papers I would have been one mark off an A* according to my psychology teacher, which is amazing for me

I am planning on doing some revision later, so I will edit my reply then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.