The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone roughly know what their GAMSAT cut-off was for previous years?
Having a quick look at the site the 2015/16 cut off was 55 and for 2014/15 was 56.
Source: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a101_graduate_medicine
Reply 3
I've only applied to Liverpool, as I can't move due to family and they are the only ones that do GEM in the northwest. I went to a taster day a couple of years ago though and really liked it!

I scored 61 on my GAMSAT which was a major shock because I thought I would get about 47! I'm in my last year of bio degree with open university, I'm a bit concerned that they weren't able to give me a predicted grade on my application ☹️ It also worries me a bit that's I only got C's and D's at Alevel,even though when I got in touch with Liverpool they said it wouldn't matter as I would be considered as a returning to study student.

I hate that we probably will have to wait till January to find anything out! 🙈
Reply 4
Such a long wait 😩🙄
Reply 5
any news?
Reply 6
Nothing yet
Invitations to interview were sent out around 10th of January last year, with a GAMSAT cut-off of 56 (I think). I believe interviews are in February and offers sent out at the end of March.

EDIT: GAMSAT cutoff 55 not 56 last year
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by noisilybeg
Invitations to interview were sent out around 10th of January last year, with a GAMSAT cut-off of 56 (I think). I believe interviews are in February and offers sent out at the end of March.

I promise I'm not stalking you with interview related information, but I'm also a Liverpool applicant (though for the a100). I was looking to see if anyone has heard anything yet from the A101, I'm quite sure they get back to us all on the same date. Anywho, the dates for 'medicine' interviews (ie it doesn't specify whether A100 or A101) are weeks commencing;
29th Jan
5th Feb
12th Feb
My house mate is on the A101 course and said her interviews were in Feb. You can apparently choose your interview date within this though. This could just be A100 dates, I'm not sure whether its separate since the grad course here is so small. Tips for the Liverpool grad interview are that its very very ethics based, and also there is great emphasis on caring roles that you have done. Questions like 'give us one moment you knew medicine was right for you within a caring role' are frequent.
When I called up I remember being told early January, I want to say 7th? I'm sure I was told 5th but I read on A100 post last year it was 7th. Anyway- it should be soon!

EDIT: not that thats an actual question asked- I don’t share details on interviews
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
I know last year it was around the 9th so I was really hoping we will find out next week, but the year before it was the 18th! I can’t take the waiting any more 😩😂

Last yrs cut off was 55
Original post by Perserverance
Last yrs cut off was 55

Hey! I understand you applied to both A101 and A100 last year. Not sure how the A101/your other applications worked out for you? Are you applying again this year?
What was your experience of applying for the A100 as I am too and I’m intrigued to see how you think they look at grads for the A100 course!
Received invite to interview at 3pm.

Forms needed:
Declaration of clinical background
Work experience form
Confidentiality clause
Received invite to interview at 3pm.

Forms needed:
Declaration of clinical background
Work experience form
Confidentiality clause

Congrats on the interview!

Do you think they sent them all out at once?
Original post by studentA100
Congrats on the interview!

Do you think they sent them all out at once?

My friends received hers too if that helps
Reply 15
Any other graduates got interviews?
Nope, nothing 😢
Reply 17
The wait is killing me!
Reply 18
Interview received 2:54pm :smile:
Reply 19
Has anyone been invited to interview without having met the minimum academic requirements?
My friend received an invite and met all the requirements except that he has an E in his 4th AS subject. Does Liverpool even look at grades before sending out invites or do they look at them afterwards?

Latest

Trending

Trending