The Student Room Group

Hogwarts Applicants 2018 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hunainshamsi
Are the students assured of their safety when working with the DADA teachers? Because Hogwart's DADA history hasn't been so good and Im a bit worried about applying for DADA.

Obviously some subjects and activities come with an element of risk. This is why Hogwarts has become a university aimed at adults rather than a school for young children.

We think that the extra level of maturity and knowledge makes the learning environment safer. Since the defeat of Voldermort in 1997 DADA has changed focus somewhat which has also substantially improved the mortality rate (of both staff and students).

If you're concerned then we do consider transfers between courses after the start of term in cases where students fear for their safety.
What if you're doing the IB? Or did the IB?
Original post by LibertySea
What if you're doing the IB? Or did the IB?

That's perfectly acceptable.

As explained elsewhere we do have additional interviews and magical tests for applicants who have studied an exclusively muggle curriculum. We do welcome applications from all backgrounds and have a very flexible admissions process to allow applicants to show us what they're capable of!
Course: Charms and Divination
Predicted Grades: BBB
Pref House: Gryffindor
Course: Study of Ancient Runes
Predicted grades: A*AA
Preferred house: Ravenclaw

Anyone got their letter yet??? Or am I in the July 31st bunch now??
Course: combined honours Charms and Potions
Predicted Grades: OEE
Preferred House: Ravenclaw

I’m planning on trying out for keeper when I get there!
Course: Magicification of Muggle Technology (it's new but it looks promising to get to mess with muggle technology!)
Predicted Grades: A*A*AA (although one is a muggle subject, it's actually relevant here :wink:)

I'm scared since I've not prepared enough for my OWLs :colonhash:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Have you sent off your application yet? Join in the chat!

Course:
Predicted grades:
Preferred house:

Applying for Ancient Runes, already achieved grades of Outstanding and 2 Exceeds Expectations (and also pursuing a degree in languages at a Muggle university). Hope to be sorted into Ravenclaw.

I also already play Quidditch (Beater), and was wondering if I should include this in my Personal Statement?
(edited 6 years ago)
Course: Defense Against Yo Momma
Predicted Grades: Outstanding, Outstanding, Outstanding, Outstanding

I'm gonna put more effort into this personal statement than by muggle one
Course: Potions Mastery
Predicted Grades: n/a
Preferred House: Slytherin

Hoping to be the Kylo Ren to Lord Voldemort.
I will finish... what you started.
People who are putting predicted grades as AAA really will not be accepted... I’m ashamed at you, and applause anyone who put Outstanding or exceeds expectations, the ACTUAL grades when taking OWLS or NEWTS at Hogwarts!

Courses: Combined Defence Against the Dark Arts and Potions
Predicted grades: O & O
Preferred house: Gryffindor or Ravenclaw

Original post by DamnDaniel2
this can’t be real?!

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?

Sorry not sorry! 😂
Course: DADA
Grades: Outstanding, Outstanding and Exceeds Expectations
House: Slytherin
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Have you sent off your application yet? Join in the chat!

Course: Defense Against The Dark Arts
Predicted grades: A*BB
Preferred house: Gryffindor
Nice pretend thread.Someday,you will grow up.
Reply 34
oh my bloody god if only this waas real, i would love it
Original post by arizonaidiot
Nice pretend thread.Someday,you will grow up.

Hi there :smile: This is actually as part of a competition we're running to win 2 tickets to The Making of Harry Potter. You can learn more about it here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5054276. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun!
Reply 36
Course: History of Magic
Predicted grades: A*A*A
Preferred House: Griffindor
Original post by mez_merising
wait is this legit?

erm..are you stupid. Of course its legit hagrid visited me in my room under the stairs but my awful uncle wouldnt let me go but its all good now cuz he saved me with motorbike.
Original post by desert_fairy
course: charms
predicted grades: AAA
house: Ravenclaw!

erm everyone knows Dumbledore doesn't care about ravenclaw or hufflepuff so yanno think again.
Original post by shelia 132536y4
erm everyone knows Dumbledore doesn't care about ravenclaw or hufflepuff so yanno think again.

That's such a slytherin thing to say.

Our staff care about all of our houses :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending