The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I read that Warwick (in common with Durham) reserve a lot of their offers until after the Oxbridge decisions have been made.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I got my warwick offer in April, so don't worry about it. No news is good news.
Reply 3
i still hvn't heard. so worried.
I havn't heard either. But i'm guessing i'm gonna get rejected after seeing how popular the course is (Econnomics)
Reply 5
sigh. i think i might hv got rejected as well. anyway, no news is good news.
Reply 6
Now guess what, I have applied to Warwick on 14th October 2007 and haven't had an offer/rejection yet. Yes, this is three months. No, Warwick won't get any faster if every week someone starts to panic and starts a new thread about not having a decision yet on this forum :rolleyes: .

End of rant. Sorry :wink: .
Y__
Now guess what, I have applied to Warwick on 14th October 2007 and haven't had an offer/rejection yet. Yes, this is three months. No, Warwick won't get any faster if every week someone starts to panic and starts a new thread about not having a decision yet on this forum :rolleyes: .

End of rant. Sorry :wink: .

Haha, agreed :p:
Just get used to the wait guys. Last year I applied in October and got my offer in January. Others had to wait til March. Can we stop with all these threads?!
Notebooksecrets
Haha, agreed :p:
Just get used to the wait guys. Last year I applied in October and got my offer in January. Others had to wait til March. Can we stop with all these threads?!

I would stop with the obsessive email-UCAS-notification checking and the constant TSR browsing, but the neurotic side of me demands a release. :p:
Reply 9
Yeah me too...although I did speak to them on the phone regarding open days and they said they just go through them in random batches of 100 (this is for Biol), in most case, after they've had them all in. They said it could be until end of March but don't get worried so I'm not.
Reply 10
It's annoying, I know. I experienced it 2 years ago; my sister is waiting right now. But Warwick are just notoriously slow. You WILL find out one way or the other, so just be as patient as you can because it is totally normal to not find out until March or so, even if you applied in October.
I applied 11th October and haven't heard anything yet :smile: my course is hideously competitive, so I think that probably has something to do with it. I haven't actually heard from any of my unis yet. I think my panic over it came to a peak last night with a horrible nightmare about not getting any offers, and now I am calming down a bit. Ha! As if.
Reply 12
but the thing is ppl who applied later than u may hv got the offers which is worrying!
jkyng1
but the thing is ppl who applied later than u may hv got the offers which is worrying!

Yeah, it does tend to make me think "oh, they've waited this long, they obviously don't want me that much." I feel as though I'm in the "wait and see if better candidates come along" pile. Ah well.
lol, calm down guys - for a lot of these courses (although i can only speak for english & creative writing directly) they're simply not accepting or rejecting anyone until after the january 15 deadline for applications. and warwick are notoriously slow anyway.
Reply 15
Splinter
I got my warwick offer in April, so don't worry about it. No news is good news.

what course was that for...i dont think i can wait till april
Reply 16
i'll basically die if i have to wait until april. gosh.
and despite saying that they won't give out offers until 15th jan or after,
they do give out offers! that's so not fair.
how come some of us have to wait while others don't.
I had to wait until the 30th of June, and I submitted my application beginning December. I was about to firm Exeter (which turned out to be my insurance choice in the end) on the 29th and forget about Warwick but decided to leave it for a day or two. Having realised the next day that they have FINALLY given me an offer, I was still thinking of firming Exeter because I was absolutely pissed off with Warwick. Gave it some thought for another couple of days and finally decided to firm Warwick, probably the best decision I have ever made. :biggrin:

EDIT: The fact that I'm an EU student might have something to do with the delay...More realistically, it's probably because they were just very disorganised. Bastards.
Reply 18
LoL I love how as I browse through lots of forums, all the unis I've applied to are notoriously slow XD
Reply 19
30th of june now that is crazyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! did they give you a reason for the delay

Latest