The Student Room Group

University of Warwick medicine 2024 Entry

Is anyone considering the application to Warwick for 2024 entry? what are you currently doing? let's help each other

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
UCAT is seriously stressing me out!
Reply 2
I am applying this year. Really hoping I can get a good score on VR.
Reply 3
Has anyone done their UCAT yet?
Reply 4
Hey - doing UCAT this coming Tuesday (19th). Currently working full time as a Clinical Research Practitioner in Oncology - around 50% of my work is direct patient care; the other 50% is management of a portfolio of clinical trials.

I've also worked on the bank for NHSP as an HCA since 2021 totally approximately 150 hours. I've sent the medical school an email to ask for clarification on how to evidence this. I work across a number of wards/specialties and so don't have a single point of contact. Head Office will only provide a standard reference but no details of shifts worked.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by HazzaCrawf
Hey - doing UCAT this coming Tuesday (19th). Currently working full time as a Clinical Research Practitioner in Oncology - around 50% of my work is direct patient care; the other 50% is management of a portfolio of clinical trials.

I've also worked on the bank for NHSP as an HCA since 2021 totally approximately 150 hours. I've sent the medical school an email to ask for clarification on how to evidence this. I work across a number of wards/specialties and so don't have a single point of contact. Head Office will only provide a standard reference but no details of shifts worked.

how did you get on with your UCAT? i had mine on the 19th aswell, and the amount of experience you have is great!
Band 2 UCAT 2830 with VR only 590. 20 above last year VR cut off. May I ask how is VR used during the whole process? Is the UCAT score sufficient? I will be applying as graduate
Reply 7
Original post by jcjcjcjjccj
Band 2 UCAT 2830 with VR only 590. 20 above last year VR cut off. May I ask how is VR used during the whole process? Is the UCAT score sufficient? I will be applying as graduate

They first look at people's VR scores, anyone with less than the average is rejected and then they score applicants based on their UCAT scores (total), the first 450 get an interview invite, the rest are rejected. All the info is on their website.
Reply 8
Did anyone receive an email today asking for proof of qualifications? (degree)
Reply 9
Original post by macaulay7

have you submitted your ucas application?
Reply 10

I submitted my application about a week ago and received an email asking for qualifications yesterday as well.. just degree and transcript as far as I’m aware
Reply 11
Original post by Wolfram99

have you submitted your ucas application?

Yes :smile:
Reply 12
Yes :smile:

ah okay, i haven't submitted mine yet but I imagine all applicants will get a similar email once we've all submitted
Reply 13
Done UCAT - 2720 VR 650
Sent back all the work experience forms
Got 2910 UCAT (840 VR) - just submitted my UCAS so waiting for the form. Anyone know when interviews typically are?
Have submitted everything now (UCAS, work experience survey, degree transcript) and now I'm just waiting on some of my work experience references....but I haven't heard back from the referees in a while (my boss from when I was a HCA, and a GP I shadowed). Anyone know what happens if I can't get written references from them in the official format like Warwick wants?

I did contact the referees a long time ago to ask and they said yes - but they still haven't sent me anything...getting a bit worried now!
Reply 16
Original post by psychgrad2023
Got 2910 UCAT (840 VR) - just submitted my UCAS so waiting for the form. Anyone know when interviews typically are?

18th, 19th, 20th and 21st of December and they will be in person.
Reply 17
Original post by GradMedImmy
Have submitted everything now (UCAS, work experience survey, degree transcript) and now I'm just waiting on some of my work experience references....but I haven't heard back from the referees in a while (my boss from when I was a HCA, and a GP I shadowed). Anyone know what happens if I can't get written references from them in the official format like Warwick wants?

I did contact the referees a long time ago to ask and they said yes - but they still haven't sent me anything...getting a bit worried now!

I would give your referees call or drop them an urgent email asking if they are able to provide the written references before the 30th of October. Call Warwick too and explain the situation. Warwick seem to be very strict regarding references unfortunately.

Good Luck!
Hi All,

I'm wondering whether my work exp meets their requirements. I've worked as a care-coordinator at a GP practice for the past year throughout the final year of my Biomed degree. This is basically admin, referrals, reception etc. I've also got 20 hours of shadowing various clinicians such as GPs, ANPs, HCAs, clinical pharmacist etc here. I've worked in a pharmacy on the tills dealing with patients and prescriptions and stocking etc. Only issue is the hand-on requirement.

Do you think I have enough to meet their requirements?
Reply 19
Original post by mahdikhan786
Hi All,

I'm wondering whether my work exp meets their requirements. I've worked as a care-coordinator at a GP practice for the past year throughout the final year of my Biomed degree. This is basically admin, referrals, reception etc. I've also got 20 hours of shadowing various clinicians such as GPs, ANPs, HCAs, clinical pharmacist etc here. I've worked in a pharmacy on the tills dealing with patients and prescriptions and stocking etc. Only issue is the hand-on requirement.

Do you think I have enough to meet their requirements?

The shadowing does, I’m unsure about the care coordinator role. I thought it had to be a hands on role in order to count. Your best bet is to email them/call them and confirm this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending