The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What GCSEs do/will you have and which A levels do you/will you have?
Original post by theeetimdoherty
What GCSEs do/will you have and which A levels do you/will you have?

A decent 3 already. (all A or A*)
Have 12 more to do (predicted 7, 8's and 9's)
3 of the ones I might do have not yet been entered maths igcse further maths and maths gcse
Original post by Plagioclase
I'm sorry but web design is barely computer science. Being a leader and being passionate about innovation are all very good traits but those are not part of the admissions criteria.

How old are you and what are your biggest achievements?
Have you gotten an interview to anywhere special? Studied anywhere special? Impacted someones life?

I still have 2 years to get my application sorted. I will 100% meet the admissions criteria but why shouldn't I do more?
Original post by physicseastldn
A decent 3 already. (all A or A*)
Have 12 more to do (predicted 7, 8's and 9's)
3 of the ones I might do have not yet been entered maths igcse further maths and maths gcse

Why are you doing maths GCSE and IGCSE when they're the same qualification? Also how many 9s are you predicted ad in which subjects. You didn't mention your A Levels.
Have you gotten an interview to anywhere special? Studied anywhere special? Impacted someones life?

I still have 2 years to get my application sorted. I will 100% meet the admissions criteria but why shouldn't I do more?

Your attitude stinks.
(edited 6 years ago)

I don't really see what any of this has to do with me since you're the one applying to Oxbridge, not me. I don't know if you're intentionally being obtuse but I can only repeat myself - the things you've done are great, but they are irrelevant as far as admissions are concerned. If you want a university that will admit you on your entrepreneurial spirit and human rights work then you're applying to the wrong place - don't blame me, I'm not the one making these decisions.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do more. What you're doing sounds great. All that I have said is that it makes no difference to your application, I really do not understand what is so challenging to understand about this.

I'll tell you something that definitely isn't going to do you any favours during admissions - arrogance and a sense of entitlement, both of which you would do well to work on.
Original post by theeetimdoherty
Why are you doing maths GCSE and IGCSE when they're the same qualification? Also how many 9s are you predicted ad in which subjects. You didn't mention your A Levels.

I haven't taken any a-levels yet.
I saw that Malala had stated she got 6A*'s around 2015 and I saw that 2 of them were solely maths gcse and igcse respectively. Thought I could do the same thing. In the end you do say X amount of A* not A* in a b or c.

Sorry if this confuses you.
I don't really see what any of this has to do with me since you're the one applying to Oxbridge, not me. I don't know if you're intentionally being obtuse but I can only repeat myself - the things you've done are great, but they are irrelevant as far as admissions are concerned. If you want a university that will admit you on your entrepreneurial spirit and human rights work then you're applying to the wrong place - don't blame me, I'm not the one making these decisions.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do more. What you're doing sounds great. All that I have said is that it makes no difference to your application, I really do not understand what is so challenging to understand about this.

I'll tell you something that definitely isn't going to do you any favours during admissions - arrogance and a sense of entitlement, both of which you would do well to work on.

should I focus on oxford or cambridge?
He studies at Oxford. And he's impacted plenty of people's lives including mine. I'd like to suggest that you begin by being open and receptive to the ideas of others before charging in with your own agenda and trying to make it fit with the scenario.
Original post by Flocoa
Your attitude stinks.

Again that isn't objective. I am actually considered a great person to quite a lot of people. I volunteered to advocate for human rights in Yemen and I made a valuable impact on the community I was in. My family helps to fund three schools in Aswan and Eritrea.
should I focus on oxford or cambridge?

Whichever course you think looks more interesting. There are significant differences between the way Physics is taught at Cambridge (as part of Natural Sciences) and Oxford (as a free-standing subject) and there are probably differences between the Maths courses too although I know less about them, so that should be the main factor in your decision.
Original post by 04MR17
He studies at Oxford. And he's impacted plenty of people's lives including mine. I'd like to suggest that you begin by being open and receptive to the ideas of others before charging in with your own agenda and trying to make it fit with the scenario.

I'm sure he does. How did he impact your life? Did he pay your school fees? Did he buy your school? Goodness this is like my 2 weeks avoiding Oriel College all over again
I'm sure he does. How did he impact your life? Did he pay your school fees? Did he buy your school? Goodness this is like my 2 weeks avoiding Oriel College all over again
He's been there for me and a mutual friend when we've needed someone. He also helped me to have a great day on Saturday when I went to see him.
I volunteered to advocate for human rights in Yemen and I made a valuable impact on the community I was in. My family helps to fund three schools in Aswan and Eritrea.
And this relates to a degree course how?:holmes:

I love you wish to throw money into the conversation even though it has very little to do with the question.:rolleyes:
Guys leave the kid to fail. He is either unable or unwilling (but given his curious nature I'm hedging by bets on the former) to improve himself so let him fail.

Job's a goodun.
My family helps to fund three schools in Aswan and Eritrea.

Your family... not you...

Also have some humility please... advocating for human rights is great and all but that does not necessarily make you a "great person"

Case in point:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/kevin-spacey-on-venezuela-protests-house-of-cards-actor-writes-sosvenezuela-blog-in-support-of-all-9243745.html

^Kevin Spacey supported human rights causes and donated to many charity organisations... now a suspected reoccurring sex offender woth questionable morals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrSebWilkes
Guys leave the kid to fail. He is either unable or unwilling (but given his curious nature I'm hedging by bets on the former) to improve himself so let him fail.

Job's a goodun.

Where is your evidence?
I have 3 gcse's already and I have conditional offers at 7 VI and I have technically an unconditional for St Paul's since I only need 4 more A*'s
Where is your evidence?
I have 3 gcse's already and I have conditional offers at 7 VI and I have technically an unconditional for St Paul's since I only need 4 more A*'s

What I have just read is my evidence.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Your family... not you...

Also have some humility please... advocating for human rights is great and all but that does not necessarily make you a "great person"

Case in point:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/kevin-spacey-on-venezuela-protests-house-of-cards-actor-writes-sosvenezuela-blog-in-support-of-all-9243745.html

^Kevin Spacey supported human rights causes and donated to many charity organisations... now a suspected reoccurring sex offender woth questionable morals

Posted from TSR Mobile

He is a suspected sex offender. Innocent until proven guilty.
That being said, Haber was responsible for the death of thousands of jews as a result of his advances in chemical gas engineering and his procuring of the Zyklon B gas. This does not and will never take away from the fact that he ALSO won a nobel prize and his fantastic experiments which saw him 'grow bread from air'.
Are you actually for real :lol:

Didn't really like the atmosphere of Oriel at all. Preferred Somerville (of course) because that is where I slept, ate and worked for 2 weeks
this is the most blatant troll i have ever witnessed. incredible scenes.

Latest

Trending

Trending