The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am tired of the way we are getting taught. 4 lecturers have recently left and 2 of them were the best around. Secondly, the people here are annoying me. I am just in a confused state. I can't transfer as my a level grades were so poor.
BerlinBasil
Same here. I couldn't agree more. University has turned out to be a huge dissapointment. I get virtually norhing in the way of personal support. Lab experiments are rubbish and poorly supervised, and lectures are incredibly boring at best. In fact, I don't even need to attend lectures, I gain NOTHING from attending. I can just get all the notes online or whatever.

I'm not even interested in my course anymore, I'm only studying my course to get into a well-paid job at the end. And I'm starting to doubt the well paid job argument, since a HUGE % of the population are attending university. In class I'm practically surrounded by complete morons.

Again, instead of actually learning real science, I find myself learning how to pass an exam, like back in the old days of A-levels and GCSE's.

Yeah, see that always bugged me so *****ing bad about A Levels... all we ever did was learn to pass the exam. Teachers were explicit about it... they always referred to what would be on the exam (You don't need to know that.. blah blah... it's not on the exam). Aye, well thought University would be a break away from that. But it seems eerily similiar...
Reply 42
you don't get taught to pass exams at the top unis
v2006
you don't get taught to pass exams at the top unis

I go to a top university...I'm speaking from personal experience.
Reply 44
what course and uni?

Latest

Trending

Trending