The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CompSciCat
plot twist: because so many top posters got rejected the rejects thread will be more active than the offer holders thread

Haha a plot twist indeed :lol:

Can’t believe one email is what it takes to make or break your day.
Original post by MagicalMedic

I know right 😂
Haha a plot twist indeed :lol:

yeah... don't really know what to do today
if only TSR had calls. we could have a group call and stare into the distance in silence,whilst receiving some support hahah
yeah... don't really know what to do today

I’m laying in bed...
Both me and my head of Sixth form are baffled. After years of my school trying to get a single applicant to Cambridge it has failed again.

Every year they get feedback and focus on improving applicants the year after. Every year all the applicants get rejected. No one has ever gotten into Cambridge in 70 years from my school.

I got 3A* (98% UMS, only student in my year to get A*’s in history and Politics AKA the subject I applied for). I had what I felt were good interviews, and a decent admissions assessment.

I’m not even disappointed in myself, I’m disappointed in the sheer volume of people that slip through the cracks. In fact they’re not even cracks, they’re wide-gaping holes.
(edited 6 years ago)
I’m laying in bed...

I actually skipped a school lesson, half intending to, half because I didn't notice how much time has passed (I think the particular teacher will be understanding though :biggrin:)
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Both me and my head of Sixth form are baffled. After years of my school trying to get a single applicant to Cambridge it has failed again.

Every year they get feedback and focus on improving applicants the year after. Every year all the applicants get rejected. No one has ever gotten into Cambridge in 70 years from my school.

I got 3A* (98% UMS, only student in my year to get A*’s in history and Politics AKA the subject I applied for). I had what I felt were good interviews, and a decent admissions assessment.

I’m not even disappointed in myself, I’m disappointed in the sheer volume of people that slip through the cracks. In fact they’re not even cracks, they’re wide-gaping holes.

that's crazy
Reply 68
I actually skipped a school lesson, half intending to, half because I didn't notice how much time has passed (I think the particular teacher will be understanding though :biggrin:)

i feel- i gave up on school today after that email
does the rejection email have an attachment??
Original post by lukerules1234
that's crazy

Probably, although it feels pretty normal now.

I wouldn’t recommend someone to apply to Cambridge, it was not worth the hours I put in.
Reply 71
Original post by emelizabeth101
does the rejection email have an attachment??

what do you mean??
Original post by Spittle
what do you mean??

basically my friend is too nervous to open his email so he’s trying to figure out whether or not he has been rejected
all he knows it the first sentence and that his email has an attachment
i was wondering if the rejection emails have an attachment (the little safety pin symbol)
Reply 73
Original post by emelizabeth101
basically my friend is too nervous to open his email so he’s trying to figure out whether or not he has been rejected
all he knows it the first sentence and that his email has an attachment
i was wondering if the rejection emails have an attachment (the little safety pin symbol)

mine had no attachment he probably has offer?
Original post by Spittle
mine had no attachment he probably has offer?

thank you so much!
i’m sorry for your news

don’t let it get you down though
Probably, although it feels pretty normal now.

I wouldn’t recommend someone to apply to Cambridge, it was not worth the hours I put in.

I would recommend the opposite, I agree with you that it was not worth the effort to get a rejection but there would always have been an element of "what if..." in the case of never applying in the first place.

Could many of us done far less work and still got accepted into a good/excellent university... Yes. But I think the effort we put in has definitely put us on track for a first or an upper second. Good luck for the future!
Original post by PickleRic
I would recommend the opposite, I agree with you that it was not worth the effort to get a rejection but there would always have been an element of "what if..." in the case of never applying in the first place.

Could many of us done far less work and still got accepted into a good/excellent university... Yes. But I think the effort we put in has definitely put us on track for a first or an upper second. Good luck for the future!

I agree with your point. But my school has slowly decreased in Cambridge applications, and moved to Oxford because no one has ever been successful at Cambridge. I was the only idiot who decided on Cambridge this year. Next year I suspect it will be 0.
How the **** am I supposed to write a 3-4 hour long german exam tomorrow after this which counts towards my final grades

I really hate the german education system
I agree with your point. But my school has slowly decreased in Cambridge applications, and moved to Oxford because no one has ever been successful at Cambridge. I was the only idiot who decided on Cambridge this year. Next year I suspect it will be 0.

I think the hardest.thing was going beyond the school syllabus but I definitely learned new things, what course did you apply to.
How the **** am I supposed to write a 3-4 hour long german exam tomorrow after this which counts towards my final grades

I really hat the german education system

I can't be bothered with anything for the next few days tbh, Would you say that it's not so much that you've given up, bit deciding to take a break?

Latest

Trending

Trending