The Student Room Group

Insomnia SFE - advice

Currently I am at university, however, I am suffering from chronic insomnia.It really is affecting everything around me. Im looking to get a doctors appointment this week, and going to my university tomorrow to let them know of my issue.

However, I really have a big feeling I wont do very well this year. I want to keep track of my insomnia, as im not sure if this even equates to a compelling personal reason?

Hopefully my doctor will have some answers too
Original post by aalden101
Currently I am at university, however, I am suffering from chronic insomnia.It really is affecting everything around me. Im looking to get a doctors appointment this week, and going to my university tomorrow to let them know of my issue.

However, I really have a big feeling I wont do very well this year. I want to keep track of my insomnia, as im not sure if this even equates to a compelling personal reason?

Hopefully my doctor will have some answers too

It will depend on the level of medical evidence you get to support you and how it affects your studies. It is compelling personal reasons with an emphasis on compelling.
The main cause of insomnia is stress causing an overload of cortisol hormones. Obviously, stress is coming from many sources in your situation. Stress management will help.

Quick Reply

Latest